The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I hate that people think you have to win the round plus some if youre not the champ. Thats not how it works, regardless of who it is. Did fighter a or fighter b win the round, whoever did gets the check mark regardless who has the belt.

Yeah and Jones won clearly 2 rounds, Reyes clearly won 2 rounds and 1 was questionable. This wasnt an egregious decision at all. Anyone acting like it was, is a Jones hater.

Edited by Bearerofnews

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah and Jones won clearly 2 rounds, Reyes clearly won 2 rounds and 1 was questionable. This wasnt an egregious decision at all. Anyonr acting like it was, is a Jones hater.

The questionable round was still one that leaned in Reyes favor, wasn’t like it was straight 50/50 split.

I think people are upset with overall judging and rules more than anything.

JJ said his TDs put him over the top, which if true, is awful.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i do. reyes won rounds 1-3, quite frankly they werent that close. since 3 rounds is the majority that means reyes should win. 

I gave 2 and 3 to Reyes, but I do think they were close and can see where someone would give one to Jones. 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah and Jones won clearly 2 rounds, Reyes clearly won 2 rounds and 1 was questionable. This wasnt an egregious decision at all. Anyone acting like it was, is a Jones hater.

while i hate to even get into this with someone who just wants to be right and dismiss anyone who disagrees with something as silly as you must be a jones hater, what round was close? You couldnt even include that in your post. Reyes had more volume and landed the heavier shots in literally all three rounds. wrestling was essentially non existant. Just because round 2 was closer than 1&3 doesnt mean we should pretend Jon won it.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

The questionable round was still one that leaned in Reyes favor, wasn’t like it was straight 50/50 split.

I think people are upset with overall judging and rules more than anything.

JJ said his TDs put him over the top, which if true, is awful.

It is and it isnt. Its how MMA is judged. If you take someone down, regardless what happens after, you need to be rewarded. You imposed your will and dictated at some moment clearly where the fight goes. Also Jones was pressing the entire fight.

Just now, mse326 said:

I gave 2 and 3 to Reyes, but I do think they were close and can see where someone would give one to Jones. 

So heres the thing, Reyes unquestionably had more volume. We cant really measure who landed harder but visually that went to reyes as well. Under what criteria does it go to Jones?

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)