The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Where is the domestic violence? Bar fights and being a hothead with certain fans (who are likely running their mouths). Cool. Where are the guns? Did he do a hit and run on a pregnant woman…? 

Odds are you didn’t like McGregor before any of that because of his trash talk. Smartest marketer MMA has ever had. He did the right thing and now will live a more financial free life that anyone on this forum could ever dream about. 

Conor laid the blue print. If I was in the UFC I’d be talking the same exact trash. It’s all business. It’s a business number one, a skills competition a distant number two. 

i think you missed the article he linked about some dummy shoving a phone in his face and him not liking it (hence the stomping on it). Shocked, SHOCKED that a man who fights in a cage would behave like that. bad idea... sure. Scumbag, well, no.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

No domestic violence, just two rape cases. he’s a scumbag.

Cool. Some proof that it wasn’t consensual would be nice. Every women deserves to be listened to and for the matter to be taken very seriously, but it is no question that many women give women a bad reputation for going after men with money and lying that consensual sex wasn’t consensual. All about that fat settlement and be set for life. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Conor laid the blue print. If I was in the UFC I’d be talking the same exact trash. It’s all business. It’s a business number one, a skills competition a distant number two. 

He's had the most success in the sport utilizing the plan, but let's not act like he designed the blueprint, even in the sport.  There were, and have been, guys getting high (not "highest," since I'm fairly confident that will be what your retort is) payout fights they had less business than Conor in getting because they knew how to run their mouths and sell fights.  And those guys were doing it, even in MMA, 10 years ago at least.

Pretty stoked for Charles vs Porier whenever they fight. I’ll probably be rooting Charles but somewhat neutral. I’m calling it that Charles goes in as -135 Favorite and Porier a +120 underdog. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

He's had the most success in the sport utilizing the plan, but let's not act like he designed the blueprint, even in the sport.  There were, and have been, guys getting high (not "highest," since I'm fairly confident that will be what your retort is) payout fights they had less business than Conor in getting because they knew how to run their mouths and sell fights.  And those guys were doing it, even in MMA, 10 years ago at least.

Chael was the first high profile guy i remember. The most important point is it has to be a blend of genuine (or at least perceived as such) personality AND being a good fighter. Some guys just pretend and it doesnt work.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cool. Some proof that it wasn’t consensual would be nice. Every women deserves to be listened to and for the matter to be taken very seriously, but it is no question that many women give women a bad reputation for going after men with money and lying that consensual sex wasn’t consensual. All about that fat settlement and be set for life. 

The man has FIVE different assault/sexual assault cases against him. He’s a scumbag. It was awesome seeing him being unable to get off the canvas, still running his mouth. Sorry that offends you. 

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Connors career nowadays is about 5% inside the octagon….

Sadly this is true. He made his money and went on with his life. 

Although I did like his gameplan tonight. Aggressive with the leg kicks to prevent Porier’s kicks. Porier won the 1st, and definitely deserves a title shot asap, not taking anything away from him. However, Conor was very much alive going into the second. Very unfortunate turn of events. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Chael was the first high profile guy i remember. The most important point is it has to be a blend of genuine (or at least perceived as such) personality AND being a good fighter. Some guys just pretend and it doesnt work.

Tito was/has been getting fights off solely reputation/past-glory and his mouth for a while, too.  Rampage too.  Frank Shamrock basically did the same.  It's nothing new.  Like I said, guys were doing it in pro wrestling for years - Gorgeous George pretty much wrote the actual blueprint in 50's.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I do love the hypersensitive lot and their reactions lol

Meh. I keep waiting for Conor to go on another tear but it just never matriculates. 

However, unlike other hot takes, I think he’ll 100% be back. Especially losing like that. Hopefully it’ll re-motivate him that people no longer view him as the monster he was. 

I would love to see him come back and storm through everyone. Wishful thinking, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Meh. I keep waiting for Conor to go on another tear but it just never matriculates. 

However, unlike other hot takes, I think he’ll 100% be back. Especially losing like that. Hopefully it’ll re-motivate him that people no longer view him as the monster he was. 

I would love to see him come back and storm through everyone. Wishful thinking, though. 

Not talking about you, my man.

Also, notice I haven't updated the thread titles to spoil fights anymore. Sorry I was an ******* about that too.