The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

Rener Gracie had a great breakdown of the Gilly attempt. Conor was a step away from making Dustin tap, even Dustin said it in an interview where he admitted he used his toes to climb the cage at the same time Conor had his fingers in Dustin's glove.

I'm a chucky olives homer over everything else but it's funny after Conor loses how people overreact and say it was way worse than what it was.

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wouldnt it make more sense though that the cardio went because of a change in training or being less focused? You'd think the lower weight to get him to Super Saiyan Crackhead Conor was too much. Idk I'm just speculating but usually guys that move up have better cardio because of less of a cut right?

Conor never had great cardio at any class.   It’s true that bad weight cuts can drain fighters but if you’ve never had it then it’s really rare to overcome that.  

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

God damn, I love Dustin Poirier. We both employ the same mentality towards life. Obviously, I'm not a fighter but the whole "control what you can control" mentality is such a huge part to life for me. Helped me grow as a human being.

Me too man. Seeing him grow from the kid who got overly emotional in the first fight to the guy who can't care less what anyone outside of his family thinks of him is such a good example to follow. Nothing else matters to him anymore. Dude just does everything right but at the same time, doesn't take any crap. Told myself I'd get a small diamond tattoo when he got the undisputed belt but I think I'm just gonna go ahead with it now. I'm glad he called Conor out for being a dirtbag after the fight. 

For his tibia to break, Dustin had to be spot on saying that it happened from the kick. It was weakened already when he snapped it. It was a lucky break for Conor because now he has an excuse to the casual fan of that being a "fluke" win when it really wasn't. It wasn't 100% decisive but definitely not a fluke, and honestly he wasn't going to win that fight after round 1 anyway. Physically I think Conor could come back to form but I think he's done mentally. This whole week of trash talk was embarrassing and forced, and his little tantrum after the fight was pathetic. It's like the bad guy that gets locked up in a movie and is just spouting off as the camera pans away and leaves him there, and even though I hate him, that would be a tough lasting image to have for a guy who elevated the sport as much as he did.

Overall, I thought it was a great card. Pumped for Bam Bam, sad for Wonderboy, and super sad for my $20 lottery ticket parlay that hinged on a Suga decision. Oliveira scares me for Dustin, but I think he'll do a good job keeping it on their feet. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

E1NDGhjVoAE1t53.jpg

yr27Mb7.png

tenor.gif?itemid=15440489

And wifey's in the DM

Your a fan of people based on how much money they have?  You must really love Bezos, Musk, and Gates...woooohoooooooo....money!!!!

I thought this was the mma thread?

Conor as an mma fighter???? kinda average lately

• Like 1

When it comes to Conor I celebrate the talent, power, and prowess. He is without a doubt one of the best strikers to ever enter the octagon.  I just absolutely loathe how he's transformed the sport into the trash talking WWE mess it is now. I've been in martial arts in one form or another my entire life (Kempo as a kid, Army CQC as a soldier, Krav Maga as an adult) and it's constantly instilled into all students to respect your opponent and fight with honor. Sure trash talking has always been around in MMA to some extent. Wives, parents, religion, and children should be off limits and the fact that Conor continues time and again to cross that line absolutely turns me off. And anyone who can support such a man... I have no respect for you or him. I'm not going to celebrate an injury, but I am glad he lost. And I cannot turn a blind eye to the multitude of irony:

- Conor tells Dustin he's going to leave on a stretcher... he ends up leaving on a stretcher
- Conor complains about leg kicks and how they should be banned... ends up breaking his tibia executing leg kicks...
- Conor states that only KO wins count, yet when he got in trouble in this fight went for a guillotine.. 

Like seriously... screw this guy. I hope he retires. I'm so done with his BS

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Your a fan of people based on how much money they have?  You must really love Bezos, Musk, and Gates...woooohoooooooo....money!!!!

I'm a fan of Conor because he's the former champ champ. Dustin will never hold a real title. 

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

3-4 since the Aldo fight which arguably put him on the map

• Like 1