The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Say what you want about TJ, but the dude is a dog. He won that fight on fight IQ and just pure will. Nasty cut, probably torn ligaments in his knee, took some shots that would knock out most every other Bantamweight and he found a way. Looked damn impressive after that long layoff.

Sandhagen definitely did more damage , I wouldn't of had a problem if the judges gave him the nod. But I figure the difference was TJs control time.

Sandhagen has future champion written all over him but he gives up his back so easily. Aljo finished him easily because of that and if TJ hadn't hurt his knee in the 1st, he probably could've got his hooks in when he took Sandhagens back.

Bantamweight is the best most exciting division and I don't think it's close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JonStark said:

I lost so much ******* money tonight.

Maverick ML and TJ/Sandhagen not going the distance were two of the biggest locks in a while for me. 

Maverick losing hurt and I also think was the wrong decision. I made bank on the ME though(sorry JS) I took O 2.5, 3.5 and GTD

I am far from a TJ fan, he cheated it sucks, its a bad look for the sport and tarnished his legacy as one of the best bantamweights ever(even though the rest of his B samples came back clean(allegedly?) but can we just move on from this? He was suspended for 2 years which is a huge chunk of time in his career, ruined his earning potential, sponsorships etc, and again he deserved all that because he cheated but cant we just move on? if he pisses hot now or tests positive for something sure, bury him again but this whole thing is getting out of hand. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I am far from a TJ fan, he cheated it sucks, its a bad look for the sport and tarnished his legacy as one of the best bantamweights ever(even though the rest of his B samples came back clean(allegedly?) but can we just move on from this? He was suspended for 2 years which is a huge chunk of time in his career, ruined his earning potential, sponsorships etc, and again he deserved all that because he cheated but cant we just move on? if he pisses hot now or tests positive for something sure, bury him again but this whole thing is getting out of hand. 

I hate him and no one should forget what he did, but that has nothing to do with his fights moving forward. His championship run is tarnished (although I believe that he only used it to cut the weight down to 125) but this past fight and any future wins should give him the credit he deserves. Two separate careers for him in my book. 

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone else says, the man put on a DAWG of a performance. He had a 2.5 year layoff. He got fat during, and everyone was writing him off. He cheated and did his time and owned up to it like a man. Came back and fought the guy that was probably the #1 contender behind Yan and Sterling. He got cut bad and battled through it and won.

Dillishank is a dog. And it's hilarious that No Chin was calling him out on twitter for a trilogy when he should be lucky if he gets O'Malley or a 125 fight.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't care what anyone else says, the man put on a DAWG of a performance. He had a 2.5 year layoff. He got fat during, and everyone was writing him off. He cheated and did his time and owned up to it like a man. Came back and fought the guy that was probably the #1 contender behind Yan and Sterling. He got cut bad and battled through it and won.

Dillishank is a dog. And it's hilarious that No Chin was calling him out on twitter for a trilogy when he should be lucky if he gets O'Malley or a 125 fight.

Yea only reason TJ Takes that fight is for an easy win. Cody needs to get more than 1 win in a row before shooting his shot at BW

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)