The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

On 8/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, agarcia34 said:

This would be cool. 

Would have to go head to head against college football at that time frame 

IIRC this is the first UFC numbered event that will be broadcasting for free. Obviously Islam isn't nearly as big of a draw as Khabib but I'd guess him being on the card played a huge role in their decision to make it free. IIRC the PPV numbers on the Khabib-Gathje fight were pretty meh but the card was also broadcasted early in the day. And the main reason for that was because the Saudi Arabian government paid half of Khabib's purse so the fight would take place at a time that would maximize viewership in the Middle East. 

Allowing that market to see Islam fight in a high profile fight could be huge for his stock in that market.  

On 8/3/2021 at 7:49 AM, JonStark said:

Thank you for that. I feel like RDA is gonna be like +300 and it's really going to tempt me. 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Big Snack said:

Young khabib vs better rda than what Islam will face. I think it ends in similar fashion. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:49 AM, JonStark said:

Thank you for that. I feel like RDA is gonna be like +300 and it's really going to tempt me. 

Islam is certainly a very tough fight for anyone but I think that he's overhyped at this point. Khabib is arguably the greatest fighter in the history of the sport and while Islam is also very good, he's not Khabib. He's on an 8 fight winning streak bt those wins have been against Moises, Dober, Ramos, Tasrukyan, Johnson, Tibau, Lentz, and Wade. Not exactly elite fighters and we've seen him KO'd stiff by a guy that lost his next two fights and then was cut from the UFC. 

RDA has definitely gotten a lot better since that first Khabib fight. After that fight he went on a 5 fight winning streak and became the LW Champion. He lost to Eddie Alvarez after a terrible weight cut and then a war against prime Tony Ferguson before moving up to welterweight. He's pretty small for 170 and even his losses at WW have come against the elite of the elite in the division against guys like Covington, Usman, Edwards, and Chiesa. 

RDA has had a ton of high profile fights against elite fighters in their prime including Cerrone, Khabib, Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz, Anthony Pettis, Eddie Alvarez, etc. 

For Islam this will be his first fight against a legit, elite level fighter. RDA has slick grappling, is extremely durable, and I don't think Islam will be able to just run through him like Khabib did. 

I'd personally bet on RDA. 

• Like 1

BK's UFC 265 Pick'em
Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis
Jose Aldo vs Pedro Munhoz
Michael Chiesa vs Vincente Luque
Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill
Song Yadong vs Casey Kenney
Bobby Green vs Rafael Fiziev
Ed Herman vs Alonzo Minifield
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne

@big poppa pump @JaguarCrazy2832 @JonStark @Buckrock101 @FinneasGage @NYRaider @11sanchez11 @BullsandBroncos

Bobby Green vs Rafael Fiziev - 8

Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis - 7

Song Yadong vs Casey Kenney - 6

Jose Aldo vs Pedro Munhoz - 5

Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill - 4

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne - 3

Ed Herman vs Alonzo Minifield - 2

Michael Chiesa vs Vincente Luque - 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis - 8
Jose Aldo vs Pedro Munhoz - 4
Michael Chiesa vs Vincente Luque - 5
Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill - 6
Song Yadong vs Casey Kenney - 2
Bobby Green vs Rafael Fiziev - 7
Ed Herman vs Alonzo Minifield - 1
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne - 3

On 8/5/2021 at 12:08 AM, beekay414 said:

I really hope Gable Steveson enters MMA because he's a god damn monster. Though, if I were him, I'd take the WWE payday since it completely trumps what MMA fighters make.

Just watched him in the gold medal match....(I have watched him in college too)  All I can say is WOW!!!!!

• Like 1

Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis                6
Jose Aldo vs Pedro Munhoz                  4
Michael Chiesa vs Vincente Luque    1
Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill                      2
Song Yadong vs Casey Kenney           3   
Bobby Green vs Rafael Fiziev                 7
Ed Herman vs Alonzo Minifield                8
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne      5

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BK's UFC 265 Pick'em
Ciryl Gane vs Derrick Lewis- 2
Jose Aldo vs Pedro Munhoz -4
Michael Chiesa vs Vincente Luque - 7
Tecia Torres vs Angela Hill- 8
Song Yadong vs Casey Kenney - 3
Bobby Green vs Rafael Fiziev - 6
Ed Herman vs Alonzo Minifield 1
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Jessica Penne- 5 

@big poppa pump @JaguarCrazy2832 @JonStark @Buckrock101 @FinneasGage @NYRaider @11sanchez11 @BullsandBroncos

Here's mine.