The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently the UFC offered Sean O'Malley a fight against Frankie Edgar on the MSG card and he turned it down so they're pissed at him. 

He did go into it saying he told Shelby he doesnt want to fight in NY because of the taxes and that his coach is in a no gi tourney that weekend. He said he would take it a month later in vegas but Shelby was pissed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Snack said:

He did go into it saying he told Shelby he doesnt want to fight in NY because of the taxes and that his coach is in a no gi tourney that weekend. He said he would take it a month later in vegas but Shelby was pissed

Yea I saw that too. I dont blame him for wanting to be there for his coach. As far as the taxes and stuff, come on dude but the coach tourney is a good enough excuse. Guys have flaked out of fights for less. I get they want that PPV to be huge but I'm not even sure they need Suga, that card looks awesome

Would love to see him fight Frankie though so we can stop talking about Sean v wrestlers. 

Kayla Harrison could end up as the GOAT female fighter of all time, but I don't see the UFC paying her. If she can keep winning PFL tourney after tourney and get a cool million per season and take the rest of the year off, I'd just stick with that. 

It's a shame because even thought they train together, I think she said something like Gane said about only fighting Amanda if the title was on the line. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Kayla Harrison could end up as the GOAT female fighter of all time, but I don't see the UFC paying her. If she can keep winning PFL tourney after tourney and get a cool million per season and take the rest of the year off, I'd just stick with that. 

It's a shame because even thought they train together, I think she said something like Gane said about only fighting Amanda if the title was on the line. 

There is no chance that she'd be offered a fight vs Amanda that wasnt for the title. The question is, is the UFC going to offer her just a fight deal where if she loses, she's gone? or if she wins she is automatically locked in because she's the champ? FW is so awful it cant just be the 2 of them

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if he'll get starched but I cant help but feel he'll lose. Super curious how he'll look at the weigh-ins since he can weigh like 20 pounds heavier than when he fought in the UFC

I was pretty confident that Woodley would win but after hearing him speak in interviews over the last few days, I genuinely think he's going to lose. 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was pretty confident that Woodley would win but after hearing him speak in interviews over the last few days, I genuinely think he's going to lose. 

What did he say?

It is so crazy that Jake is a bigger favorite vs Woodley than he was vs Askren

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

There is no chance that she'd be offered a fight vs Amanda that wasnt for the title. The question is, is the UFC going to offer her just a fight deal where if she loses, she's gone? or if she wins she is automatically locked in because she's the champ? FW is so awful it cant just be the 2 of them

Oh yeah I'm just saying that I think a lot of people assume Kayla wouldn't fight her, but she would for the title. I just don't think the UFC will pay her more than she can make in PFL. 

On 8/19/2021 at 9:24 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also, this season of TUF was pretty darn good fighter-wise. The banter is always whatever but the 2 finale fights should be very good

they really gotta change the formula it's so ******* boring. i watched like 6 episodes hoping they realized that, but nah didn't happen. just show house ****. don't spend 20 minutes doing the boring fighter backstory videos. every season of the TUF feels like the same exact ****. hasn't been a good season since the 115 woman's championship one 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)