The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Constant activity from the bottom and always threatening. I'm glad they finally rewarded it. Plus he landed the biggest shot of the fight and Hiestand didn't really do much with the takedowns. He arguably ate more shots in those positions than he gave. 

100%, Hiestand got alot of takedowns but didnt do a ton with most. Ricky was way more active everywhere. Control is great but activity should be scored way more than it used it be

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

These cards are awesome, man. 

I don't know why the UFC doesn't just move to 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205 and Heavyweight divisions for more of these 2 title fight cards. They have the depth to create the divisions.

I'd be 100% for it if you just eliminate the 195 from the picture but 165-175 should be a thing for sure. With as much talent as they have at LW/WW (and lets be honest, will continue to have since I feel like the average person probably has a similar build to make that weight if brought up in fighting) not sure the talent is there for a 195 division

There are so many guys that would do so much better in 165-175 like Gastelum. Also, as much as I dont like holding up 2 divisions the UFC could book alot more champ v champ fights if the difference in weight is just 10 pounds(after a certain amount of time, guys will be used to making that weight)

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd be 100% for it if you just eliminate the 195 from the picture but 165-175 should be a thing for sure. With as much talent as they have at LW/WW (and lets be honest, will continue to have since I feel like the average person probably has a similar build to make that weight if brought up in fighting) not sure the talent is there for a 195 division

There are so many guys that would do so much better in 165-175 like Gastelum. Also, as much as I dont like holding up 2 divisions the UFC could book alot more champ v champ fights if the difference in weight is just 10 pounds(after a certain amount of time, guys will be used to making that weight)

Sure, we could probably do without a 195 division but it's just another option for guys in that 20 lbs range to consider. Plus, it keeps with the "every 10 lbs" pattern. You could even make that Light Heavyweight and make 205 the Cruiserweight division like boxing. 

But I'm okay with scrapping 195 in order to get 165 and 175 lbs divisions.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)