The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

I've never liked Woodley. Thought he was a severely overrated fighter who made his bones during a time when 170 was weak and transitioning to the next gen. Lucky in that sense and on a couple scorecards throughout his career too(including tonight). Also he's a c*nt personality wise. Constantly complaining, posing, and to his credit he knew how to manipulate the dumpster fire MMA media and a certain element of the sport's fanbase into propping him up as this wronged, underserved, and underrated fighter. Which he in no way was. So, really happy he lost to a Tik Tok kid or whoever the F he is tonight. Perfect cap on a career he didn't deserve in the first place.

All that said, he did better than I thought he would. Used his years of experience and conditioning to stay calm and try to take advantage of a super inexperienced fighter's lapses- which in this case happened to be that stamina dump in that 4th Round. Kid didn't wilt though and came back to win that 5th round while also reestablishing his technical superiority to Woodley. Tyron was scared of the counter after he felt(as usual) a couple power shots and down shifted as we've seen many times before. He's never gone against someone who could box off their back foot, because 99% of MMA fighters are awful boxers, and thus he wasn't able to just wing pressure bombs like a retard. 

No real surprises. The fight wasn't close despite the one big minute for Tyron in the middle, whoever scored the fight for him needs their head examined- but it's boxing so a puzzling score is always to be expected. Woodley isn't a boxer so of course he lost to the guy who has actually trained as one for a couple years now. Boxing in MMA vs Boxing in Boxing remains a much different art form, despite the constant denial of this from MMA fans.

If the Paul kid is smart(he isn't) he'll take some tuner fights against real pros and get his ring time/wind where it needs to be before taking on guys with the same conditioning as Woodley but much better technical skill. 

I think this was the result everyone wanted:

Paul is happy because he won

Woodley got PAID, didnt get KOd and apparently he can hang his hat on the SD and call robbery

Everyone else is happy because they see Jake might actually go away for a while because he realized that beating a washed Woodley wasnt as easy as he thought 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, Pats#1 said:

Paul was gassed after the 4th….it is legitimately mind boggling how Woodley has just refused to do anything let alone be aggressive in his recent fights. Guy just doesn’t care anymore. 

I think that fight was a pretty fitting end to Woodley's career. Fighting a guy that he should knockout, very inactive throughout the entire fight, had a chance to finish the fight but didn't pull the trigger, and then loses a decision. Pretty much his career in a nut shell, lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Define legit lol 

Like the dude who hugged the ground at his first chance and the dude who didn't throw a punch after accidentally rocking the YouTube star while making more money than the rest of their careers combined were going to F up a half a billion dollar scam. They are right near 200 million for the last few fights. They'll get one or two more people to dive and then it'll be connor vs Paul and it'll sell a bunch and everyone will walk away laughing with a pocketful of money. 

Edited by wgbeethree

On 9/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, wgbeethree said:

Wait!!!??? Some of you actually think these Paul fights are legit? 😳

One thing that makes a ton of sense now is throughout the lead up to the fight Woodley kept saying, "it's going to look like a fight." Not that it was going to be an actual fight, lol. The fact that Big Cat from Barstool Sports Book was at the broadcast in a tuxedo like Max Kellerman giving betting advice told me all that I needed to know. 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, agarcia34 said:

I hope its Tommy Furry next. That dude would clown Jake 

Jake ish'd the bed with potential next fight promos. I'd like to see him fight Tommy next but I just don't think that fight does huge PPV numbers. They should've made the Tommy fight at least 8 rounds so he could've KO'd Taylor and generated some more hype.