The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

My first time seeing Pimblett. Entertaining fighter and fun, but unless he improves his defense he's not close to a contender atm. Luckily, he's still young and certainly has time to improve.

Conversely, Aspinall continues to impress me. When i first saw the shot, my immediate reaction was "When are these noobz gonna learn they have to cover up on the break?". In hindsight, however, I realized that Spivak DID cover up and it was a super slick knee that dropped his guard and opened up a perfectly timed elbow. Aspinall is going to be a problem in this division for a while, regardless if he ends up getting the belt or not.

22 minutes ago, Soggust said:

My first time seeing Pimblett. Entertaining fighter and fun, but unless he improves his defense he's not close to a contender atm. Luckily, he's still young and certainly has time to improve.

Yeah, he's definitely skilled and fun to watch but he's not going to be able to hang with top level guys eating shots with his chin up like he did today. 

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Till dominating the standup and gets finished on the ground

Brunson is kinda underrated tbh. He's got a real good thing going right now. His wrestling is real hard to defend and he's solid in defense on the feet.

in real time it looked like Till was landing bombs, but from the replays it looked lik3 Brunson rolled with them. I don't think he was ever really in trouble.

Brunson vs Cannonier next is perfect. not sure Brunson has done enough for a title shot next, but then again maybe he has, with Costa and Vettori just coming off losses for the belt.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Should have lost to Thompson too, IMO.

Definitely but the fight was in Liverpool and it was a close decision, the UFC needed a new contender to fight Woodley, no one wanted to see Wonderboy/Woodley 3. Dana has actually admitted that he regrets throwing Till into the fire so early in his career. Till said in his first fight after the Woodley fight he was scared and considered faking an injury right before he had to walk out. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

And the Kelvin win was suspect 

Till is a decent fighter but he doesn't have enough power in his hands to beat top level guys. He only has 2 KO's in 10 UFC fights, one against a guy that was immediately cut after the fight and one against Donald Cerrone, a light weight fighting at welter weight. Till just doesn't seem to have the fire to compete anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. 

18 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Brunson is kinda underrated tbh. He's got a real good thing going right now. His wrestling is real hard to defend and he's solid in defense on the feet.

in real time it looked like Till was landing bombs, but from the replays it looked lik3 Brunson rolled with them. I don't think he was ever really in trouble.

Brunson vs Cannonier next is perfect. not sure Brunson has done enough for a title shot next, but then again maybe he has, with Costa and Vettori just coming off losses for the belt.

Brunson has definitely improved a lot since he got wrecked by Izzy, in his last couple of fights he has asserted his will and broke dudes with his wrestling and cardio. 

That Brunson finish cost me $3,500....

I had a perfect DK lineup going except I picked Mccann over Brunson because I thought Till was gonna win. If he scores 10 points less, me and 4 other guys would've split the big pot, and instead I got $30. Brunson will forever be my most hated fighter. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)