The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Like i said his record in the division is very impressive and marketable. 

And that's really all that matters in this day and age. There's legitimately no reason to risk a new contender in a thin division with the fodder that's at the top. 

Ideally, Knuckles beats Izzy and we have more time to build guys but nothing ever goes the way it should and we get forced with people like Derek Brunson fighting for titles.

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And that's really all that matters in this day and age. There's legitimately no reason to risk a new contender in a thin division with the fodder that's at the top. 

Ideally, Knuckles beats Izzy and we have more time to build guys but nothing ever goes the way it should and we get forced with people like Derek Brunson fighting for titles.

I feel like when we talk about fights there’s 2 lines of thinking:

1. Earning a shot

2. Being able to market yourself into a shot

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Earning a shot

In what way is being undefeated in the division and beating a top 2/3 fighter in the division not earning a shot? Neither Brunson nor Cannonier have beaten a top 3 guy yet nobody seems to care if they get the next shot after Knuckles.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Earning a shot

3. Having Dana White privilege 

4. Being in the right place at the right time

Joe Sotto and Al Iaquinta have fought for the belt, lol. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

In what way is being undefeated in the division and beating a top 2/3 fighter in the division not earning a shot? Neither Brunson nor Cannonier have beaten a top 3 guy yet nobody seems to care if they get the next shot after Knuckles.

Izzy absolutely demolished Brunson already too, not really a fight that casual fans wanna see.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Izzy absolutely demolished Brunson already too, not really a fight that casual fans wanna see.

And Bobby Knuckles put on a clinic vs Cannonier. Yet here we are discussing their worth compared to Sean Strickland should he beat Rockhold and Costa-Vettori winner.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And Bobby Knuckles put on a clinic vs Cannonier. Yet here we are discussing their worth compared to Sean Strickland should he beat Rockhold and Costa-Vettori winner.

I think it's pretty clear. 

Izzy vs Bobby for the title

Cannonier vs Brunson for the #1 contender spot

Winners of Rockhold/Strickland & Costa/Vettori for the #1 contender spot after that. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, Cannonier was recently completely outclassed by Knuckles yet he's right there. Why? 

Wasnt Knuckles hurt really bad in the 3rd? Might be thinking someone else. 
Didnt we already go into Vettori/Costas resumes too? The fact Knuckles dispatched of both Cannonier and Brunson is more a testament to him than them. 
With all of this said, if Strickland beats Vettori/Costa it’ll be a better feather in his cap than anyone Vettori/Costa beat before getting their shot

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)