The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira             4
Petr Yan vs Cory Sandhagen                       2
Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker                   6
Alexander Volkov vs Marcin Tybura               5       
Li Jingliang vs Khamzat Chimaev                      7
Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Oezdemir      3
Amanda Ribas vs Virna Jandiroba                 1

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Put a parlay together....you will make bank if it happens...

but it won't

I have both of those fights in a couple of parlays. 

Li Jingliang is 3-1 over his last 4 fights with 3 KO's. Chimaev has a ton of media hype but it's a huge step up in competition and he hasn't fought for a while. 

Hooker has only been taken down twice in his last 10 UFC bouts and will also be a major step up in competition for Islam. We've already seen Islam starched unconscious on the feet before so if Hooker can keep the fight standing I think he has a great chance to put his lights out.

Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira             6
Petr Yan vs Cory Sandhagen                       3
Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker                 5  
Alexander Volkov vs Marcin Tybura               1       
Li Jingliang vs Khamzat Chimaev                   4   
Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Oezdemir      7
Amanda Ribas vs Virna Jandiroba                 2

9 hours ago, JonStark said:

Needs to be said.

No woman on the planet is beating Kayla. 

Her striking is still rather rudimentary and I'm not sure she makes 145 in another organization carrying the muscle that she is. I would still bet on Amanda cleaning her clock before she gets close enough to get her to the ground.

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Her striking is still rather rudimentary and I'm not sure she makes 145 in another organization carrying the muscle that she is. I would still bet on Amanda cleaning her clock before she gets close enough to get her to the ground.

I think she's competed at 145 in the past (maybe in the Olympics) but I just don't see anyone stopping her. Amanda would have to put her away before she got her hands on her. 

I feel like people said the same thing about striking with Khabib, but it never really mattered. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I feel like people said the same thing about striking with Khabib, but it never really mattered. 

Khabib never looked bad striking though. Kayla got hit clean a few times last night by...whoever that girl was. I just have a hard time saying nobody's beating her, especially Amanda, when she's fought nobody yet. She made 145 for her fight in Invicta with Courtney King but she wasn't as jacked in that fight as she was last night.

I just have my reservations still. There's obviously not much at women's FW as there is but I'd still put money on Cyborg and Nunes putting Kayla's head on a spike.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)