The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

worst part about these international cards is when you have low quality and/or inexperienced refs, like this guy in the Zaleski-Saint Denis fight. non-stoppages like this are how you're going to have someone die in there one day.

Saint-Denis's corner has got to be thinking about the health of their fighter too. they had no thought of stopping that.

made what would have otherwise been a really fun fight feel kinda uneasy to watch.

10 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

worst part about these international cards is when you have low quality and/or inexperienced refs, like this guy in the Zaleski-Saint Denis fight. non-stoppages like this are how you're going to have someone die in there one day.

Saint-Denis's corner has got to be thinking about the health of their fighter too. they had no thought of stopping that.

made what would have otherwise been a really fun fight feel kinda uneasy to watch.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

as expected. 

thinking about it more, i think it might actually be worse on the corner than the ref. not that the ref shouldn't have stopped it. but in the corner in between rounds, Saint-Denis was completely unresponsive.  can't believe they let him go back out.

anyway, just hope man's okay. take nothing away from Saint-Denis, he's a tough mf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont follow? No testing in Abu Dabi?

I'd assume their testing guidelines are a little lighter there. Especially when you have governments paying more than half the purses of specific fighters and the cards are in the morning here so that fans in that region can watch them. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd assume their testing guidelines are a little lighter there. Especially when you have governments paying more than half the purses of specific fighters and the cards are in the morning here so that fans in that region can watch them. 

The UFC acts as their own commission in Abu Dhabi so it's standard USADA testing and whatnot.