The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

11 hours ago, Soggust said:

Then what's the answer? If he's not going to take Islam down and he's not going to work off his back, how's he going to sub him lol? A flash KO followed by jumping his back? Mayyyybeee, but that's kind of my point -> the path to victory is from the standup not the ground game. 

My point being BJJ isn't going to beat wrestling here. These dudes are too good and too aware. The path to beating the Russians is anti-wrestling and striking (Colby/Usman/Burns come to mind). The idea is to keep it standing and catch them on the feet. 

Olives is great, but if Felder sat in his guard, I don't see Islam changing his strategy. 

Never said he wouldn't take Islam down either. He is more than capable of doing that. 

If Tibau can take down Khabib multiple and outstrike him, Oliveira can beat Islam. 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Never said he wouldn't take Islam down either. He is more than capable of doing that. 

If Tibau can take down Khabib multiple and outstrike him, Oliveira can beat Islam. 

I'm a CO fan, so I 100% hope you are right. I just don't see him wanting to go to the ground. He's too good on the feet to not exploit that mismatch.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:40 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Dan Hooker announced he is going back to Featherweight. I like the move 

I love it and I worry too..not sure his chin will be there and not sure he is fast enough to win there but its clear he had a massive strength disadvantage at LW and if he wants a title his best path is FW because he isnt beating Islam

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't know how to on my phone man 

Not what I meant but it's basically the same as on your PC. Click on the share button (the far bottom right icon) of the tweet, come here, hold down in the post box and you'll see it pop up "paste as plain text." Give it a sec and the tweet will post.

What I meant by the above post was just picture Jeff Goldblum saying, "he did it, the crazy sunovabitch did it." meaning Dana actually gave us the fight we wanted rather than trying to skip Gaethje for Islam.

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not what I meant but it's basically the same as on your PC. Click on the share button (the far bottom right icon) of the tweet, come here, hold down in the post box and you'll see it pop up "paste as plain text." Give it a sec and the tweet will post.

What I meant by the above post was just picture Jeff Goldblum saying, "he did it, the crazy sunovabitch did it." meaning Dana actually gave us the fight we wanted rather than trying to skip Gaethje for Islam.

Ahh ok thanks. Wasn't sure how to do that. I'm happy too. It's nice seeing extremely talented grapplers fight each other instead of giving them mediocre kick boxers 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Anybody watching this Triad stuff? They keep mentioning Dana's name and they don't realize how much that fellates him. You keep giving him air time and he doesn't have to do **** for you. 

lol this is yet another second rate Triller production trying to drag Dana into it. No wonder he doesn't take the bait.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)