The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I had it 3-2 max but curious to hear what you guys think about R5. Another close round but that one takedown at the end by Volk, is that enough to "win" the round?

It was 2 take downs. I can't remember which but I had rounds 3 and 5, can't REALLY remember if those are the ones but I think they are...going to either guy.

Most MMA judges over score take downs. 

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It was 2 take downs. I can't remember which but I had rounds 3 and 5, can't REALLY remember if those are the ones but I think they are...going to either guy.

Most MMA judges over score take downs. 

But didn't max get right back up after the 1st takedown? 2nd one was the one where volk had some control before the round ended 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

But didn't max get right back up after the 1st takedown? 2nd one was the one where volk had some control before the round ended 

He did but he still got taken down, by the judges standards, if you are out struck by a decent but not obnoxious margin, but you land a take down, even if you do nothing with it, they'll most likely give you the round. Happens a lot unfortunately. Take downs shouldn't mean anything if the guy gets right back up every time and you get no strikes from top control or submission attempts. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He did but he still got taken down, by the judges standards, if you are out struck by a decent but not obnoxious margin, but you land a take down, even if you do nothing with it, they'll most likely give you the round. Happens a lot unfortunately. Take downs shouldn't mean anything if the guy gets right back up every time and you get no strikes from top control or submission attempts. 

Agreed, whether or not I agree with it I can see why they scored it that way. The striking was definitely close in those rounds and getting a TD probably made the difference in their eyes even though nothing happened with it

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed, whether or not I agree with it I can see why they scored it that way. The striking was definitely close in those rounds and getting a TD probably made the difference in their eyes even though nothing happened with it

Can't say I disagree with the decision to give Volk the win but I don't think it's so egregious that Volk should have never in any way won excluding the takedowns. Was Holloway robbed? Don't think so. I think on another night with 1 different judge or 2 it could've gone his way. I want to see him fight Zombie or ZABEAST

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)