The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Can't say I disagree with the decision to give Volk the win but I don't think it's so egregious that Volk should have never in any way won excluding the takedowns. Was Holloway robbed? Don't think so. I think on another night with 1 different judge or 2 it could've gone his way. I want to see him fight Zombie or ZABEAST

I had Max winning but it wasn't a robbery. I feel like half the people saying that do so because they love Max. The rounds were really close watching live with no stats behind it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I had Max winning but it wasn't a robbery. I feel like half the people saying that do so because they love Max. The rounds were really close watching live with no stats behind it

rounds 1-2 were unquestionably max and rounds 4-5 were unquestionably volko. However you scored the 3rd is who won, it was a close one but I think max should have won. But it wasnt a huge robbery.

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

rounds 1-2 were unquestionably max and rounds 4-5 were unquestionably volko. However you scored the 3rd is who won, it was a close one but I think max should have won. But it wasnt a huge robbery.

Agreed. I was shocked to hear the judges had the 5th as the difference

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If that's true I think that opens us the WW picture a bit:

Colby v Woodley

Masvidal v Leon

Usman v Burns

Diaz v McGregor

Chiesa v Wonderboy(I'd like to see Chiesa get a bump up)

while they all make sense, i think 4 out of 5 of those are decisive wins. colby, masvidal, usman, and wonderboy should win those matchups fairly easy.and if conor comes with a good gas tank he should merk diaz as well.

10 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while they all make sense, i think 4 out of 5 of those are decisive wins. colby, masvidal, usman, and wonderboy should win those matchups fairly easy.and if conor comes with a good gas tank he should merk diaz as well.

I agree Colby should win pretty easily and even Wonderboy too, Chiesa is due for a legit threat though. I think Edwards and Burns could just as easily beat Masvidal/Usman as lose to them

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)