The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Man thats going to be fun but wow Burns is BUSY. When was the last time such a high level fighter fought 3 times in 4 months and not in a tournament?

Also geez what does Masvidal want!?!?!?

Masvidal wasted to much time trying to get money fights/paid more and lost his spot. This could've been a huge opportunity for him but he missed the boat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Masvidal wasted to much time trying to get money fights/paid more and lost his spot. This could've been a huge opportunity for him but he missed the boat. 

Maybe, but we dont know what he's looking for. He obviously got paid well to fight Nate, you'd think he'd get more for a real belt right?

Burns might just be undercutting him badly too

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Maybe, but we dont know what he's looking for. He obviously got paid well to fight Nate, you'd think he'd get more for a real belt right?

Burns might just be undercutting him badly too

Masvidal - Usman to open this stupid Fight Island thing would've been HUGE for him (in every way possible), especially if he won. He's not the star that he thinks he is, IMO - but a win over Usman would probably catapult him up to stardom. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Masvidal - Usman to open this stupid Fight Island thing would've been HUGE for him (in every way possible), especially if he won. He's not the star that he thinks he is, IMO - but a win over Usman would probably catapult him up to stardom. 

I disagree, I think he's a big star. Honestly I think he's a bigger draw than Usman. He's charismatic and knocks people out. Till-Askren-Diaz is a helluva 1-2-3 and in dramatic fashion for the 1st 2 and Diaz was taking some big shots too

49 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's not that big of a deal that Burns is fighting again already because if you think about it, he's taken pretty much no damage whatsoever in his last few fights. Did Tyron even land a punch? lmao

I realize you're not wrong and I know he used to cut weight to 155 so maybe making 170 isnt a big drain on him but still have we ever seen anything like that? 3 fights in 4 months is unheard of for a contender

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I realize you're not wrong and I know he used to cut weight to 155 so maybe making 170 isnt a big drain on him but still have we ever seen anything like that? 3 fights in 4 months is unheard of for a contender

Closest that I can remember without saying Cowboy is Conor after Aldo & Diaz 1/2. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone else think they wanted to hold off on the fight island announcement as well as the Top-2 bouts because they wanted to squeeze as many PPV buys out of 250 as they could? I mean 251 looks like one that people would dig thru the couch cushions looking for change

250 was so bad I hope they just move on. 3 title fights could be on 251. Cant beat that.

I got Aldo, Volkanovski, and Usman winning. 

I also heard cringe boy would only come back if he were offered a Volkanovski fight at 145. He'd be destroyed lmao

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Closest that I can remember without saying Cowboy is Conor after Aldo & Diaz 1/2. 

He fought Diaz the 1st time 3 months later but then an even longer break before #2. Even Cowboy had 4.5 months between Jury & Makdessi. Burns is doing it just inside of 4 months. Crazy!

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I disagree, I think he's a big star. Honestly I think he's a bigger draw than Usman. He's charismatic and knocks people out. Till-Askren-Diaz is a helluva 1-2-3 and in dramatic fashion for the 1st 2 and Diaz was taking some big shots too

He's shining moment is kneeing Ben Askren, who is the most overrated fighter in the world in the head. That's it. 

Nate Diaz? The guy who has won 1 fight in the past four years? We consider that a "helluva" win?

Masvidal is overrated. As a fighter and as someone with star power. Nobody is dying to see Masvidal fight anyone because if they were, Dana would be paying him as such. 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

250 was so bad I hope they just move on. 3 title fights could be on 251. Cant beat that.

I got Aldo, Volkanovski, and Usman winning. 

I also heard cringe boy would only come back if he were offered a Volkanovski fight at 145. He'd be destroyed lmao

250 wasn't great for the BIG names but Nunes and the bantamweight fights were going to be excited and we all knew it. People just dont love most of the smaller guys as much as the big boys, but I was excited

Also, is Volkanovski really this unbeatable guy? I just wasn't all that impressed when he beat Max. I get Henry going up that high would probably be a mistake FWIW

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)