The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Just saying Usman got hit ALOT in the Colby fight and Jorge does still hit hard and fast. He can just as easily put together a 3-piece and put him down

2. Absolutely not, Colby's wrestling is far superior

3. Asking what someones path to victory is kind of makes it sound like you dont see it...

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Just saying Usman got hit ALOT in the Colby fight and Jorge does still hit hard and fast. He can just as easily put together a 3-piece and put him down

2. Absolutely not, Colby's wrestling is far superior

3. Asking what someones path to victory is kind of makes it sound like you dont see it...

its a problem that you cant link the wrestling and striking together. Sure, usman got hit a lot against colby who he didnt wrestle. He wrestles everybody else and hasnt been hit like that.

And no, i just wanted to know what you felt his path to victory was. which youre still not really saying. Im still confused if you think masvidal negates usmans wrestling and boxes him up or he just has a punchers chance. Care to clarify?

27 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its a problem that you cant link the wrestling and striking together. Sure, usman got hit a lot against colby who he didnt wrestle. He wrestles everybody else and hasnt been hit like that.

And no, i just wanted to know what you felt his path to victory was. which youre still not really saying. Im still confused if you think masvidal negates usmans wrestling and boxes him up or he just has a punchers chance. Care to clarify?

Theres no chance he completely negative his wrestling. He's going get taken down. Its a matter of how often, how long is he down there but also how much gas does Usman have to use to get those? His path to victory is within the first 3 rounds on the feet. I dont picture him winning a decision or in rounds 4 & 5. Even if he's been training and whatnot he wont have Usman's tank unless he stops a ton of TDs. I think he has more than a punchers chance than say Conor did vs Khabib. Path to victory for Jorge is so obvious...its the same path to victory as when Rumble faced DC...no kidding he has to keep the fight standing

Getting a strong feeling Masvidal takes this fight. I've been strongly on the "don't doubt Usman" train for a while, since he went against Meek, Dos Anjos and Woodley and none were really able to exploit his striking defense. But idk.. Masivdal's boxing is CRISP, always has been, and "new" Masvidal hits like a damn truck.

It's still going to be the familiar case of "can the guy hurt Usman before Usman initiates the wrestling", since he definitely controls the fight if it becomes a wrestling match. But just kinda feel like George is going to get through early.

If that does happen, I hope to god Edwards vs Masvidal is the next title fight. I've been waiting for that fight ever since Mas sucker punched him in London. Would be so hype as a title fight.

33 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Getting a strong feeling Masvidal takes this fight. I've been strongly on the "don't doubt Usman" train for a while, since he went against Meek, Dos Anjos and Woodley and none were really able to exploit his striking defense. But idk.. Masivdal's boxing is CRISP, always has been, and "new" Masvidal hits like a damn truck.

It's still going to be the familiar case of "can the guy hurt Usman before Usman initiates the wrestling", since he definitely controls the fight if it becomes a wrestling match. But just kinda feel like George is going to get through early.

If that does happen, I hope to god Edwards vs Masvidal is the next title fight. I've been waiting for that fight ever since Mas sucker punched him in London. Would be so hype as a title fight.

Sadly sounds like thats not what Jorge said if he wins he wants Diaz or...Wonderboy...which is a super strange choice

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Theres no chance he completely negative his wrestling. He's going get taken down. Its a matter of how often, how long is he down there but also how much gas does Usman have to use to get those? His path to victory is within the first 3 rounds on the feet. I dont picture him winning a decision or in rounds 4 & 5. Even if he's been training and whatnot he wont have Usman's tank unless he stops a ton of TDs. I think he has more than a punchers chance than say Conor did vs Khabib. Path to victory for Jorge is so obvious...its the same path to victory as when Rumble faced DC...no kidding he has to keep the fight standing

so youre saying he has a punchers chance. you contradicted yourself a couple times in there but the highlight is you dont think he will win a decision, and you think he has to knock him out in the first few rounds.