The MMA Thread | Pereira-Hill to headline UFC 300

beekay414

The Sean O'Malley hype is bonkers, given his ranking(which doesnt mean anything real) he is the Co-Main event fighting an unranked opponent and getting alot of press. I get he has a massive following but has anyone seen anything like that before? I saw a UFC 252 commercial that didnt mention Stipe/DC at all but alot of Suga

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The Sean O'Malley hype is bonkers, given his ranking(which doesnt mean anything real) he is the Co-Main event fighting an unranked opponent and getting alot of press. I get he has a massive following but has anyone seen anything like that before? I saw a UFC 252 commercial that didnt mention Stipe/DC at all but alot of Suga

vera is certainly a step up for o'malley, who really has fight no one. But hes pretty clearly exceptional, so its not like the hype is unwarranted. and what commercial did you see that didnt feature cormier/stipe? Everyone knows thats the draw, id be shocked if the ufc put something out that didnt feature those two.

6 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

vera is certainly a step up for o'malley, who really has fight no one. But hes pretty clearly exceptional, so its not like the hype is unwarranted. and what commercial did you see that didnt feature cormier/stipe? Everyone knows thats the draw, id be shocked if the ufc put something out that didnt feature those two.

Something on ESPN either during PTI or after

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Listening to Michael Chandler speak on this MMA on Point interview he said Dustin Poirier "doesnt have a ton of power in his hands".   lol wut?

Just picking a fight with a top contender. I bet even he doesn't believe that.

DP would send him back to Bellator. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So the winner of DC/Stipe is the GHWOAT right?

I would say so.  If Fedor would have stopped fighting a few years earlier, he would be "the man"  

On a side note.....I really want Stipe to win this one, but unless Cormier has aged significantly in the last year, I think he wins.  Too many tools and ways to win this fight.  Stipe still has a punchers chance of finishing this one, but unfortunately, I give the edge to Cormier.

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I would say so.  If Fedor would have stopped fighting a few years earlier, he would be "the man"  

On a side note.....I really want Stipe to win this one, but unless Cormier has aged significantly in the last year, I think he wins.  Too many tools and ways to win this fight.  Stipe still has a punchers chance of finishing this one, but unfortunately, I give the edge to Cormier.

I give DC the edge too. He won the first one and he was winning what 3-0 going into the 4th?

Edit: Also I dont think Fedor fighting for too long diminishes him really. Not different than when Jose Aldo lost to Max Holloway twice. Aldo is still the GOAT at FW

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832