The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

No because Colby is a better Wrestler than Usman? Comparing Colby to Jorge is like comparing Khabib to Conor. 2 guys that are wrestlers standing and banging isn't too surprising. 

arguable. 

Edited by renndawg37

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still wasn't a great fight though. I think people were more impressed he made weight

At least he did it the right way instead of starving and sweating like everyone else. Proper nutrition and getting down to weight earlier for longer period of time. Way easier on your body.

23 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

rewatching yan vs. rivera

thru 6.5 minutes jimmie has kinda dominated the fight minus the one punch yan got that dropped jimmie at the end of r1

Yan definitely hasn't dominated every minute of his fights. In a lot of them he's been hit or been put under pressure. But in a way that's what makes him so impressive. With a lot of young fighters on the come up, they've run through everyone and you don't really know how they'll react when ish goes south. But with Yan, he's willing, even eager, to jump into the fire, and when he's done so, the other guy ends up breaking before he does.

Now, with Aldo, Yan could end up biting off more than he could chew. That's what makes me so fascinated for this matchup. Yan's not going to follow the blueprint Volk followed to beat Aldo, he's going to go to war. That's going to bring out the most exciting version of Aldo too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

sounds like Aljamian Sterling wanted to step in to fight Edgar but UFC didn't let.

Seems to me like he was implying that Merab, his teammate, was trying to get the fight (Aljo would have been in his corner I imagine). Makes sense, since it would be a bad move for Aljo to take the fight, and Merab is on a good streak and would benefit from a step up.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

At least he did it the right way instead of starving and sweating like everyone else. Proper nutrition and getting down to weight earlier for longer period of time. Way easier on your body.

Not knocking the way he did it. Least he didnt take EPO like TJ but still the performance didnt make me think a title shot would be great

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)