High Mock

HighCalebR

Just going to base the numbers off Spotrac.

Rough Starting Cap 37M

Cuts:

Lane Taylor: +4m With Patrick getting paid this is a done deal.

Jimmy Graham: +8 I kept looking for a way to rework him with the weak draft and FA but its either him or Marcedes. The cash is just too much. 

Updated Cap 49M

In-House Signings:

Bryan Bulaga: 3y/14m This is why you draft the young ones in the 1st, productive 3rd contracts.

Mason Crosby:3y/4m Roll with the vet.

Marcedes Lewis: 1y/2m Plays his roll, if he wants to come back I'm down.

Jason Spriggs: 1y/3.5m Make this Veldheer if you want, we stashed him for some reason so I'm rollin.

BJ Goodson: 750k

Ibraheim Campbell: 750k

+ERFA

Updated Cap 24M-ish

Street Signings:

usa-today-8198309.0.jpg

Michael Brockers: 3y/12m If we don't believe in Mont we need to add some firepower to the DL. Money I wish we didn't have to spend. Having all 3 starting DL/the whole front off rookie contracts is gonna hurt.

190123-pj-williams-ew-127p_c8b05c6bc385a

P.J. Williams: 3y/5m With Tramon walking away after we win the Boat I want an experienced DB who has split time between deep safety, the slot and outside reps. Between Chandon and PJ we should be just fine. Protection against Jackson being bad.

Updated Cap: 7M-ish

Walking into the draft we've been priced out of the ILB market, WR is in need of bolstering, the RB's are in the last year of contracts, the TE's are unknown or ancient, OCB is a bit of a question mark going forward. DL has to find young talent and there's the looming QB situation.

DRAFT position 32: Not doing trades.

1st Round Selection:

5d70733562b3c.image.jpg?resize=800,532

Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Speedy sideline to sideline guy. Instinctual and a finisher. Keep him clean behind our 5 man fronts and let him roam. Ideally we'd nab him in a trade back but we're not doing that dirt. For real DROY ability if kept clean and in situation.

Here's someone else's write up: https://thescorecrow.com/2019/11/25/2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-kenneth-murray-ilb-oklahoma/

2nd Round Selection:

Football-OU_WB_September-20-2017-6-of-14

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

HWS Spread WR lacking in the finer details. Acrobat, fluid for size, hands catcher.  Gets loose with the ball, has concentration issues. Serious upside.

Couple other opinions: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/denzel-mims/ZbRV713pev

3rd Round Selection: 

usatsi_13889107.jpg?w=1000&h=667

Jordan Elliott, DT, Mizzou

Honestly this is my biggest reach, gonna require a trade up from here but this is my draft. Elliot is my first real draft crush of the season. Quick, Fast, Flashy. Probably too close to Mont to be realistic. Would rather get past you than through you. Stalls or gets pushed on doubles, but man he's fun to watch when it's rush mode.

Eloquent opinions: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-elliott/7dxcMmdTfH

4th Round Selection:

lynn-bowden-jr-1-of-the-kentucky-wildcat

Lynn Bowden Jr, ATH, Kentucky

Lynn could go in the 2nd and I wouldn't bat an eye. A deep WR class and him playing QB this year gives him a chance to be here. PR/RB/WR. Mans can change a game. 

An opinion: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-kentuckys-lynn-bowden-is-an-offensive-juggernaut/

5th Round Selection:

AJDillon_2017_8.jpg?itok=cIg6N-JO

A.J. Dillon, RB/FB, BC

Never gonna run past you but he can run through you and has sweet enough feet to get drafted.

People say: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/aj-dillon/W2e4IOskB1

6th Round Selection:

Bernard.jpg

Francis Bernard, ILB, Utah

Martinez clone IMO. Always in schematical position sometimes misses out because of a lack of athleticism. Helped Utah create a strong defense. Had a big man on campus attitude at BYU causing him to transfer.

The deal: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/francis-bernard-nfl-draft/

7th Round Selection:

usatsi_13705229.jpg?w=1000&h=731
 Tyler Huntley, QB, Utah

Average QB with a pretty deep ball and mobility. He's MAYBE a UDFA but, again, this is my draft.

TDN: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tyler-huntley/GNCMEzttZ5

7th Round Selection:

maxresdefault.jpg

Aretavious Hendrix, CB, SF Austin

Who? Yeah.. He caught my eye when watching Mims. HWS prospect.

He's on this list so uhhh dope: https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/2020-nfl-draft-small-school-rankings/

7th Round Selection:

Maybe take a kicker or something CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!!

Walking out of this thing we still have serious question marks at TE, the looming QB question looms on, and Corner could use some monitoring. Honestly I have no idea if the cap works but I'm done worrying about it.

Do you really believe that 75 stays for less than 5 M a year? Not a chance, and I think the Packers give him his last payday that will include many incentives in order for him to be paid.

Graham could return... For half of what he is being paid this season.

Lewis, a timeless blocking machine, bring him back.

But, I am very curious as to which TEs are going into FA.... Are there any real upgrades, or do we need to draft well?

1 hour ago, 66PinG said:

Do you really believe that 75 stays for less than 5 M a year? Not a chance, and I think the Packers give him his last payday that will include many incentives in order for him to be paid.

But, I am very curious as to which TEs are going into FA.... Are there any real upgrades, or do we need to draft well?

Either option is no bueno. You have a ton of oft injured guys like Tyler Eifert in FA and an incredibly weak TE class; which is why I think we bring Graham back for another year to the chagrin of most posters here...we have no other option...

As for the mock. Think you're reaching big time on Mims and everything you said about him gives us good reason not to draft him. We need another shiftier receiver like a Donald Driver circa 2004 or Julian Edelman circa 2015 type, not another taller receiver, though I like the fact that we have a few that have high upside. KJ Hill in the 3rd would make a lot of sense or your pick of Lynn Bowden though we should be drafting him at that point in the draft for other reasons. Conversely, I wouldn't say Jordan Elliott is a reach at all and I like adding Brockers despite his age. I don't think the team believes in M. Adams at this point; they can't. He's given us next to nothing and has been a healthy scratch down the stretch; we're moving on...

Edited by Joe

5 hours ago, 66PinG said:

Ahh those are per year numbers. Probably my bad on formatting. Spotrac has him at 10M per year market value I bumped him up to 14.

Thats kindve what I was trying to work on with Graham but I couldn't get it done. I wanted more of his cash.

There's question marks at the top of the FA TE market and then roll players. I think Henry makes the obvious return to the Chargers so it's like Hooper is probably the best of the bunch. 

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

I wouldn't call a guy on IR as "staching" him.  Spriggs has been a disappointment but perhaps in 2020 the light comes on?

I like the fact you took 2 WRs but the kid from KY might not last until the 4th.

We could've just hit the injury settlement and been done with it. Little weird we planted him on IR.  It might as well be Veldheer. Just wanted to switch it up.

Oh yeah. Im a big Lynn fan. I get it, i just think the lack of real extended looks at WR make it possible. Not super likely, but possoble.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Either option is no bueno. You have a ton of oft injured guys like Tyler Eifert in FA and an incredibly weak TE class; which is why I think we bring Graham back for another year to the chagrin of most posters here...we have no other option...

As for the mock. Think you're reaching big time on Mims and everything you said about him gives us good reason not to draft him. We need another shiftier receiver like a Donald Driver circa 2004 or Julian Edelman circa 2015 type, not another taller receiver, though I like the fact that we have a few that have high upside. KJ Hill in the 3rd would make a lot of sense or your pick of Lynn Bowden though we should be drafting him at that point in the draft for other reasons. Conversely, I wouldn't say Jordan Elliott is a reach at all and I like adding Brockers despite his age. I don't think the team believes in M. Adams at this point; they can't. He's given us next to nothing and has been a healthy scratch down the stretch; we're moving on...

I dont think I'm reaching on Mims much if at all. We'll be drafting laate 2 and the upside is outstanding. I don't think we NEED any one certain kind of receiver, there are a lot of ways to skin the cat. Im thinking theres gonna be a hot and heavy run mid 2 swiping up guys I like more. When youre only fielding 2 the majority of the time they have to be able to do everything. Mims can. With Davantes flexibility inside, the options are wide open.

You dont apply the type of pressure that Elliot does and fall very far in the draft. I think he'll have a great week at the combine. His stock will be on the rise.

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I was confused by the number too, but I think they are supposed to represent the per year total, not the total of the contract.  I think 3yr/14m was intended to represent 14m per year for 3 years.

Yeah thats my bad. I didnt wanna math, it was late. I even saw that it was confusing but i knew we'd get past it.

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

No way I could give Spriggs 3.5 a year and think Veldheer is going to retire. 

Ehh its 1 year to really see him in system. Still a cuttable contract. I just handed him JV's contract. There's a good chance Spriggs doesnt want to be here either. You're very right, Veldheer might retire. Its a bit of a situation to be in. Hopefully Nijman has that super huge and helpful year 2 leap.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Ehh its 1 year to really see him in system. Still a cuttable contract. I just handed him JV's contract. There's a good chance Spriggs doesnt want to be here either. You're very right, Veldheer might retire. Its a bit of a situation to be in. Hopefully Nijman has that super huge and helpful year 2 leap.

If it involves ZERO guaranteed money, that is one thing, but he's not signing for no guaranteed money with us knowing he doesn't play unless someone gets hurt. He'd be dumb to take that deal if he thinks he can play. 

Our cap isn't in good enough shape to give a below average player 3.5 million. 

Edited by Golfman

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If it involves ZERO guaranteed money, that is one thing, but he's not signing for no guaranteed money with us knowing he doesn't play unless someone gets hurt. He'd be dumb to take that deal if he thinks he can play. 

Ha let it be half guaranteed. I'm not losing too much sleep over 1.75 on a 200m cap. Youre probably right, good chance he moves on. But we're in make believe land and I didnt want to go through the bargain bin FA RT market and be depressed. So I just dug into our own FA RT bin.