Patriots Sell The House For Burrow?

HolmesPriest

On 1/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, DirtyDez said:

Would have to be a Ricky Williams type deal.  

Herschel Walker type deal. 

1-2-3 draft picks the next ~3 years

+ 5-10 players. 

So basically give the Bengals your entire starting def and all your draft capital for a few years and then they would do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

IIRC since the cap era, there's no trade that has gone down from the 20's to 1.1 ever.   Even a RG3 type haul isn't enough - because of the gap between a top 10, or even top 15 pick, to the 20's.   The drop in value is just insane.  It's not happening.     

Mahomes was from 27 to 10, and Watson from 25 to 12.   As a reference, the 10-12 to 1.1 trade value is likely ANOTHER 2 1sts....and probably even more, just because of the fact those picks are still likely in the 20's, playing in the AFC and BB around.   Then you add in the hype Burrow's getting as the only safe franchise QB talent (Tua's health is obviously the issue there).

So, it's a pipe dream.  

I was about to post this.  From NE's usual draft spot, it's like 5-10 1st round picks, depending on what you value picks that many years out.

Even Miami's 3 1sts this year is barely enough by the trade charts, and i doubt the Bengals would take that.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I actually wouldn't have a problem with that if I were a Patriots fan.  If there is any team in the league who could give up a year's worth of draft picks, it just might be the Pats.  BB should go Full-Ditka and give up his entire draft to move up to #1.  If the Bengals take that trade, however, they should never be forgiven.  :D

That's not even close to enough value.  They don't have a second round pick.  They probably couldn't even trade up to #10 with the picks they have this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showtime said:

How do you even trade up that far?  If I'm the Bengals, I wouldn't trade the pick, either.  The only way I would probably consider it is if you're extremely high on Tua and you can get a bunch just to move down one or two spots and still be able to get Tua.

You can’t. Why would the bengals even entertain dropping back that far in the draft considering the Patriots picks are most likely going to be late? They aren’t going to simply stop being a model franchise because Brady leaves so I’d assume they’ll go right back to winning. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

IIRC since the cap era, there's no trade that has gone down from the 20's to 1.1 ever.   Even a RG3 type haul isn't enough - because of the gap between a top 10, or even top 15 pick, to the 20's.   The drop in value is just insane.  It's not happening.     

Mahomes was from 27 to 10, and Watson from 25 to 12.   As a reference, the 10-12 to 1.1 trade value is likely ANOTHER 2 1sts....and probably even more, just because of the fact those picks are still likely in the 20's, playing in the AFC and BB around.   Then you add in the hype Burrow's getting as the only safe franchise QB talent (Tua's health is obviously the issue there).

So, it's a pipe dream.  

Where do you think Tua will end up getting picked?  My pipe dream is that he falls to within reach of the Vikings being able to trade up from #25.

I honestly see New England taking a one year flyer on Marcus Mariota and styling an offense similar to what Lamar Jackson is running in Baltimore. Not nearly as good as what Baltimore is doing, but enough to rehabilitate Mariota as a 2-3 year holdover for whoever Belly goes for next.

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think Tua falls past 1.5 and MIA.   Sorry lol.

No problem.  I've been thinking that might be the case.  His injury history is a little scary anyway, so maybe we will have to move on to someone else or wait until 2021 when Kirk's contract is finished up.  Thanks for your response.  :)

On 1/19/2020 at 12:39 PM, HolmesPriest said:

Interesting thought I had while taking my morning shower. The Patriots making some type of huge blockbuster deal to move up in the draft to get Joe Burrow? What are your thoughts on this Evil Genious idea?

BB would have to do a Mike Ditka draft day trade to get Burrow.