Philip Rivers and family have "permanently" moved out of San Diego; relocated to Florida

jetskid007

On 1/19/2020 at 1:30 PM, jetskid007 said:
  • Indianapolis Colts: lots of ties there and gets to stay on the east coast.

Your geography needs work ;) 

Makes no sense. Colts have a young team, should draft their hopeful QB of the future, not some guy on the decline. Really the most sensible thing is for him to retire.

• Like 2

Just now, bomont said:

Your geography needs work ;) 

Makes no sense. Colts have a young team, should draft their hopeful QB of the future, not some guy on the decline. Really the most sensible thing is for him to retire.

You got me - maybe not east coast, but you get the idea... "eastern side of the US" Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-9-03-09-PM.png

Not saying it necessarily makes sense for the Colts, rather, makes sense for Rivers. Hypothetically, if the Colts felt Rivers had higher upside than Brissett (an if), keep in mind Brissett has a $7 million roster bonus that becomes guaranteed on March 22... if they were to cut/trade him prior, they would only incur a $5.5 million dead cap figure while saving $16 million. Entirely possible they replace him with Rivers and bridge him with a QB in the draft... 

14 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Is it any sort of possibility that he moved to Florida, because there's three teams there that need a quarterback?   

And that it's a traditionally conservative state.  And that it's close to Alabama where he grew up.  And it's where he and his wife already owned property.  And, let's face it, because taxes are considerably lower than in California (even if he does lead the league's quarterbacks in dependents he could write off).

• Like 8

7 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Do the Titans have enough weapons on offense to be appealing to Brady at this point in his career?

A top 5 offensive line, Adam Humphries (3rd down possession guy), AJ Brown (talented and very polished top rookie WR), Corey Davis (super talented #1 ability, needs QB), Tajae Sharpe (Big body possession guy).  Then at TE they have Jonnu Smith and Delanie Walker.  They also have the best power run and play action game in the NFL. 

They are actually stacked offensively. 

Edited by warsawian

And they're going to diss Tannehill or create a QB controversy because?

Really TB is the only place I think makes even a little sense for Rivers but IMO he should simply retire.

PS is he definitely gone from LAC like everyone seems to be assuming?

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, 49erurtaza said:

If I'm Tom Brady I would not touch the chargers organization. 

Not that id want Brady at this point, but why not? They have a good balanced roster that is relatively young, will have good cap situation coming up this offseason, had a pretty good track record of drafting, a solid coach, 2nd biggest market, playing in a new mega stadium.

The negatives, worst owners in the league and bad oline play, with weak in stadium fan presence.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Rivers stays with Chargers, Justin Herbert sits for a year.

Had he not moved his entire Family across country,  I could agree. However theres a better chance he retires before going back to the LAC IMO. Think he feels disrespected that an extension wasn't even offered despite what he's done for the Franchise over the years.

He's not exactly being pushed out the Door like Eli because his air apparent is already in the building , but it's pretty damn close!

TB

Car

Retirement 

Mia

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm unable to watch as much football as I have in the past.

That in mind--I'd like the Chargers faithful to fill me in. How steep has Rivers' decline been? I can look at the stats, look at YouTube highlights...but I barely have time for that

He’s largely at fault for us being as bad as we are. Not all his fault, but he was bad.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 8:16 PM, DingoLadd said:

I'm sad but this is fair.

Florida is worse than San Diego if only by sheer chaos factor, but with the chargers more or less in limbo he should retire and just live with his family. 

It depends upon where in FL you are.  Did he move the Miami area?  All of the large metropolitan areas get kinda crazy especially during "the season".

• Like 1