Philip Rivers and family have "permanently" moved out of San Diego; relocated to Florida

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Rivers said at the end of the season he wanted to keep playing.

I was under the impression that last press conference was notable for his ambiguity on that subject. That's not an honest take? (And don't get me wrong it may not be, I didn't analyze the whole thing.)

40 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think Rivers will play for the Dolphins or retire 

Depending on where they're relocating to, yeah...it'll be one of the Florida teams, or nothing. Makes you wonder if he's got a handshake deal worked out with one of the three. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I was under the impression that last press conference was notable for his ambiguity on that subject. That's not an honest take? (And don't get me wrong it may not be, I didn't analyze the whole thing.)

Depending on where they're relocating to, yeah...it'll be one of the Florida teams, or nothing. Makes you wonder if he's got a handshake deal worked out with one of the three. 

The only system in Florida that matches with him IMO is the Bucs with Arians. The others I just don't see it. If he's going to another team, I feel like Reich and the Colts were a better fit for him because of a better OL and offensive scheme.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

The only system in Florida that matches with him IMO is the Bucs with Arians. The others I just don't see it. If he's going to another team, I feel like Reich and the Colts were a better fit for him because of a better OL and offensive scheme.

He might have had a better situation in Indy, true. But I don't think he'll live far away from his family. The Bucs might be his best fit, but I think he could function anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He might have had a better situation in Indy, true. But I don't think he'll live far away from his family. The Bucs might be his best fit, but I think he could function anywhere. 

He functions best when he has a servicable OL. His worst years are usually when that OL is beyond horrible ie. 2012, 2016, and now this past season. If he had a halfway decent OL, he would be able to do so much. Not sure how the Bucs OL situation look (or the other Florida teams), but that's what he needs first and foremost.

28 minutes ago, Xenos said:

He functions best when he has a servicable OL. His worst years are usually when that OL is beyond horrible ie. 2012, 2016, and now this past season. If he had a halfway decent OL, he would be able to do so much. Not sure how the Bucs OL situation look (or the other Florida teams), but that's what he needs first and foremost.

The Dolphins line is (I think) probably the weakest of the three. We'll see what he does. 

37 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He said he planned on continuing to pay for "whatever team would have him" whether that was with the Chargers or elsewhere. In retrospect seems he got emotional with the move and all. 

As for Florida - he already had a home there in Blue Mountain Beach, which is about 2 hrs west of Tallahassee. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, there's an international airport about 30 miles away. A flight to and back from TB would be 55 minutes. Indianapolis would be 1hr40min. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCPackersFan said:

This would be a smart financial move for when he retires so retirement income doesn’t get taxed as heavily. I think his home state of Tennessee is like Florida in that regards. 

Huh?  He grew up in Decatur, Alabama.  Went to primary and high school in Alabama.  Went to college in North Carolina.  When has Tennessee ever been his anything state?

• Like 2