Fire Pettine

MacReady

Keep in mind there are very few defensive coordinators - exceedingly few - who improve the longer they stay on.  Capers maxed out after his second year here.  

Can you imagine going into next year and our defense gets WORSE?

The time is NOW to move on.  

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Because of the enormous growth Rashan Gary showed during year 1? 

If you bring in a new DC, you let him bring in his coaches. 

Lol did you not see the two dudes become All Pro caliber players in front of him? Also Dee Ford? 

A DC is not a HC. He either takes the job or he doesn't. The position coaches are up to the HC.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We CANNOT win a Super Bowl next year without holding 3 or 4 teams to 23 points or less.  Does anybody think Pettine is capable of that?  Especially if a team like the Falcons have a bounce back year?

Pettine reminds me of Capers. So set in his ways. He wants to stop the pass first and 3 of our 4 loses the opponent ran for over 150 yards on us. The team that didn't was San Francisco in game one and they ran for 120 but their defense destroyed us. 

Pettine needs to go or change his philosophy and if he does that how effective will he be? 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol did you not see the two dudes become All Pro caliber players in front of him? Also Dee Ford? 

A DC is not a HC. He either takes the job or he doesn't. The position coaches are up to the HC.

If you want the guy to be successful you allow him his guys. Remember Pettine was a guy Murphy wanted LaFleur to keep. I think and said it earlier in the thread, LaFleur has earned the right to hire his guys now. I would think Pettine would want this guy happy with his guys. If we wants the OLB coach, let him. If he wants his own, let him. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If you want the guy to be successful you allow him his guys. Remember Pettine was a guy Murphy wanted LaFleur to keep. I think and said it earlier in the thread, LaFleur has earned the right to hire his guys now. I would think Pettine would want this guy happy with his guys. If we wants the OLB coach, let him. If he wants his own, let him. 

LaFleur pitched Pettine in his interview. He literally gave his entire "best case scenario" staff in his interview to Murphy and Gute and Pettine was his DC. This is not true.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur pitched Pettine in his interview. He literally gave his entire "best case scenario" staff in his interview to Murphy and Gute and Pettine was his DC. This is not true.

Citation needed.  90% sure Pettine was A name not THE name.  

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Keep in mind there are very few defensive coordinators - exceedingly few - who improve the longer they stay on.  Capers maxed out after his second year here.  

Can you imagine going into next year and our defense gets WORSE?

The time is NOW to move on.  

The worst thing I'm afraid of is just another repeat of the last 2 games vs the Niners. Pettine just didnt know what the hell to do. I doubt its gonna change a year later unless he completely changes up his scheme and mindset, but that's too risky and probably too much to ask. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can go back and find it if you want. I couldn't care less. I remember reading it probably half hour after he was hired that he told Murphy and Gute in his interview that he wanted Pettine back.

That’s some leader level stuff.  If you say something, back it up.  Prove it.  The onus is on you to prove it when you’re the one who says it.