Fire Pettine

MacReady

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Derp a derp complacency has set in derp derp lets just ******* be complacent as **** with a ******* 37 point embarrassment where it could have been 60 ******* points if they wanted to.

Yep .. reward the guy with another year after one of the worst defensive showings in Packers history.  Makes perfect sense ;)

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Derp a derp complacency has set in derp derp lets just ******* be complacent as **** with a ******* 37 point embarrassment where it could have been 60 ******* points if they wanted to.

All roads on this one lead to one person......MURPHY !  He just wants to be competitive to keep the fans coming and most importantly the profits flowing.

If the same thing happens next year or the defense regresses, fire Mark Murphy. So tired of his complacent *** and his refusal to hold coaches accountable until it's too late. There is no progressive thinking with this franchise. We are ALWAYS behind the damn 8 ball and it all starts with Murphy being in charge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I figured. If they could monetize revengeful fans getting their way maybe. But 13-3 followed by a bitter embarrassing defeat is fertile ground for making a rash decision. 

But he’s out there playing tic tac toe while opposing OC’s are playing Risk. It wasn’t just the SF game. Look at the Eagles and Raiders games. Look at what SF did to us the first time. You’d think a professional NFL coach would have some type of adjustment or answer the next crack at it. Do you do worse on a test the 2nd time you get to take it? The dudes been a DC/HC for years and this is what he comes up with? Cmon man.

There seems to be a disconnect here boys! LaFleur was 'still working through everything now!" regarding Pettine. Not sure where this extension rumor came from? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098446/article/lafleur-still-working-through-decision-on-dc-pettine

This article was updated at 4:00 EST today so I'm not sure I believe the ESPN story. 

Edited by Golfman

Overall I would give Pettine a B- for the season.  There was a hot start, a rough patch in the middle, and then a strong end to the regular season.  He probably gets a C+ or B- for the Seahawk playoff game.  His protect deep and keep things of front of you game plan ultimately worked pretty well.  He clearly gets and F for his game plan against the 49'ers.  It was one of the worst we've ever seen.  I don't have a lot of faith he can match wits with Kyle Shanahan, so lets hope we somehow figure out a way to avoid them on our way to the Super Bowl next year.  Hopefully Gute will address some weak spots and we can come up with a way to stuff the run better.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

19 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

All roads on this one lead to one person......MURPHY !  He just wants to be competitive to keep the fans coming and most importantly the profits flowing.

...what?

Base on this train of thought, wouldn't it be better to improve the team beyond just competitive? Thus leading to bigger fan events, attendance, and greater profit? That sure makes a lot more sense than Murphy playing the role of "let's just stay good but never great" puppetmaster.

The train of thought with anti-Murphy conspiracies is something else.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

There seems to be a disconnect here boys! LaFleur was 'still working through everything now!" regarding Pettine. Not sure where this extension rumor came from? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098446/article/lafleur-still-working-through-decision-on-dc-pettine

This article was updated at 4:00 EST today so I'm not sure I believe the ESPN story. 

It's kind of weird .. the words from LaFleur led me to believe Pettine was done for.  LaFleur said he would be discussing things with Murphy and then deciding what changes would be made.  Then word came out that Pettine was staying on for 2020 after LaFleur and him met after today's presser.  I hope LaFleur actually does have control over the hiring and firing of his own coaches, but I'm not really sure he does.