Fire Pettine

MacReady

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Every time the organization doesn't agree with you guys you can't pull a Scooby villain, "that meddling murphy!!"

Considering he's the literal reason why we don't have Darren Rizzi as our ST Coordinator, I'm not sure why this is so far off to you? It's not that he meddles, it's that he's complacent. Complacency is friggin' terrible in sports and there's no damn room for it TBH. It's how you end up with the Herb Kohl Bucks for 25 years.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I am very pissed of.  Do not tell me it is better to be pissed off than pissed on.  I would rather have been pissed on today if it meant we didn’t retain Pettine.  I could have showered, but no shower will change Pettine being our DC next season.

I’ll dial up R Kelly

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m pissed.  Now we aren’t winning the Super Bowl.  Can’t win a Super Bowl if you give up 37 ******* POINTS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Get ready for a first round ILB or IDL now because we’re going to need it.  Always a ****ing excuse in Green Bay.  Capers didn’t have the defensive backs.  Hyde and Heyward turn into all-pros as soon as they leave.  Watch Martinez turn into an all-pro, too.  Always a ****ing excuse and Belichick sitting over there with the *1 defense with geriatric McCourty brothers and nobody DL and the slowest defense in the league, but somehow it was speed that killed us.

Let's not forget... Gb won a superbowl with Capers.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considering he's the literal reason why we don't have Darren Rizzi as our ST Coordinator, I'm not sure why this is so far off to you? It's not that he meddles, it's that he's complacent. Complacency is friggin' terrible in sports and there's no damn room for it TBH. It's how you end up with the Herb Kohl Bucks for 25 years.

Lots of bellyaching about rizzi. Who we have no idea if he was actually seriously contemplating coming here or using the Packers as leverage. Why would he be opposed to a new DC? I assume Pettine isnt exactly cheap.

If Murphy was really complacent wouldn't we still have Mac as head coach? Or wouldnt he have waited to fire him at least?

Edited by HighCalebR

MLF : "It wasn't just the defense. Our offense and special teams weren't up to par as well. ... It didn't seem like we had the same energy and effort that we had displayed throughout the course of the season."

Pure conjecture on my part...complete and total....but could be the team couldnt convince themselves they could/would beat SF and played accordingly.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

MLF : "It wasn't just the defense. Our offense and special teams weren't up to par as well. ... It didn't seem like we had the same energy and effort that we had displayed throughout the course of the season."

Pure conjecture on my part...complete and total....but could be the team couldnt convince themselves they could/would beat SF and played accordingly.

The way our squad looked on Sunday, you could sense, feel, smell, see the doubt.

1 hour ago, YaddaHolla said:

Who gives a **** if the players love him? I’d rather them hate his guts.

Because hastily removing him can cause unneeded discontent in the locker room. Note: I said hastily. It may need to happen and no doubt, what ultimately matters is if they perform, whether they like their DC or not. What this comes down to is a debate over the pro's and con's of replacing Pettine now or of giving him one more year and seeing how he does after he's given a couple more pieces for DLine and ILB. If you have a problem with that, direct your ire at MLF for deciding to retain him. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We won't give up 37 points if Dean Lowry, BJ Goodson, Tyler Lancaster and Blake Martinez aren't our main combatants against a teams running attack.

Face it, Gute left us real light there. Don't think he expected so much success in year 1. Cut Daniels at a dumb time if he did expect that. Pettine's run fits only made the talent issue worse.

I've been sayin' all along Pettine would be retained, and Packerraymond gives us the reason (same point a few of us were also making). With the motley crew PR describes, we were still #9 in scoring defense. Number 9. That's top 10. Firing Pettine as I said earlier would have been a locker room disaster. Sign a Ryan Pickett-type guy in FA along with an ILB, and add some receiving talent in the draft and we're Super Bowl bound. (Although I would hear arguments for replacing Hackett as OC. The offense often sputtered out too much after the opening script was used up. A better OC should have done a better job at suggesting in-game adjustments after opening script was used up and defenses made adjustments. And that would have taken some more pressure off our defense.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The offense often sputtered out too much after the opening script was used up. A better OC should have done a better job at suggesting in-game adjustments after opening script was used up and defenses made adjustments. And that would have taken some more pressure off our defense.)

This was something i had noticed as a tendency this season as well - early success with scripted plays, then they struggle.