Fire Pettine

MacReady

52 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We won't give up 37 points if Dean Lowry, BJ Goodson, Tyler Lancaster and Blake Martinez aren't our main combatants against a teams running attack.

Face it, Gute left us real light there. Don't think he expected so much success in year 1. Cut Daniels at a dumb time if he did expect that. Pettine's run fits only made the talent issue worse.

This.  Very much this.  Lowry, Goodson, and Lancaster played 123 snaps COMBINED.  That's an average of 41 snaps per player.  Lancaster averaged 24 snaps per game, Goodson averaged 16 snaps per game, and Lowry averaged 39.9 snaps per game.  Lowry was the only one playing close to his season averages.

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I honestly just today declined a free hotel and a free flight to Vegas for the NFL draft.  I feel terrible about it because that’s a hell of an offer, but Vegas I know I would not enjoy at all.  I also know there is no way we would draft a good player if I was there.  

Most people I would feel this was them trying to make a joke. You, I have no doubts that you did this. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considering he's the literal reason why we don't have Darren Rizzi as our ST Coordinator, I'm not sure why this is so far off to you? It's not that he meddles, it's that he's complacent. Complacency is friggin' terrible in sports and there's no damn room for it TBH. It's how you end up with the Herb Kohl Bucks for 25 years.

Complacent enough that he gutted the organization and it's long standing leadership structure in 24 months?

Your proof is a report about a ST coach?

Murphy is just the last in the line of the old regime (a regime that brought us 4 NFCCG appearances and a SB Championship, so one would think we'd look fondly on it but that sure as hell isn't the case) and therefore will be crapped on for anything that goes wrong in the organization because everyone likes our new aggressive HC and GM.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Most people I would feel this was them trying to make a joke. You, I have no doubts that you did this. 

I’ve been to two games at Lambert.  One in  the Gado year and the other year I broke Rodgers.  The Bears game where he broke his collarbone.  I’m a curse when I’m there.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Complacent enough that he gutted the organization and it's long standing leadership structure in 24 months?

Your proof is a report about a ST coach?

Murphy is just the last in the line of the old regime (a regime that brought us 4 NFCCG appearances and a SB Championship, so one would think we'd look fondly on it but that sure as hell isn't the case) and therefore will be crapped on for anything that goes wrong in the organization because everyone likes our new aggressive HC and GM.

After how many years? You don't get credit for doing something too late. Sorry. 

Yeah, and old regimes see the game pass them by. Like I said, this franchise isn't progressive whatsoever and they are complacent as hell. It is what it is. 

And, yes, a ST coach. You don't get the right to ***** about ST if you're going to criticize that hangup. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

After how many years? You don't get credit for doing something too late. Sorry. 

Yeah, and old regimes see the game pass them by. Like I said, this franchise isn't progressive whatsoever and they are complacent as hell. It is what it is. 

And, yes, a ST coach. You don't get the right to ***** about ST if you're going to criticize that hangup. 

Went from missing the playoffs two years in a row to the NFC championship game.  I can see the complacency.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Went from missing the playoffs two years in a row to the NFC championship game.  I can see the complacency.

This was such a rollercoaster of emotions kind of year. Like yeah, we ended up top 4 in the league, if you will, but I felt there were more times I wanted to throw my beer at the wall watching them than not. 

Wait, so MLF holds a press-conference this morning and basically says nothing has been decided and that there's many things to process and evaluate.

Then three hours later says we're done processing and evaluating - Pettine stays.  WTF?

Why not have your meeting with Pettine first, THEN have your little press conference?  

This was poorly handled, IMO.

Edited by Sasquatch

There's a lot of ways to look at this.

On the positive side.

• The defense improved significantly overall.
  • The defense was altered to fit this year's crop of talent rather than last year's.
  • The defense seemed to really enjoy playing for the guy and he has the support of the locker room. 
  • Guys like King and Jaire took steps forward.
  • Potentially found a passable Dime DB off the scrap heap in Sullivan.
  • We were able to work in an older Tramon in such a way that he became an asset rather than a hindrance to the defense. 
  • We had a rookie Safety who never really embarrassed himself in the regular season.
  • Amos proved to be everything we were hoping for and was integrated into the defense well. 
  • At no point in the year did Martinez kill us and was overall a positive contributor.
  • Kenny Clark showed strong again. 
  • Both Z and P were utilized very well and had career years. 

On the negative side.

• Was there enough improvement considering the talent level improvement on the defense? There are a lot of plus talents on this defense to be rolling out a league average unit.
  • The worst game plan I have ever seen in a playoff game. A truly embarrassing loss.
  • Is the defense too simple to succeed in the modern NFL?
  • Are his tendencies to play a ton of light boxes capable of succeeding in the NFL? You have to be able to stop the run and with Lancaster/Lowry/Goodson getting snaps, I'm not sure it can be done light. 
  • Is he overly conservative to the point of damaging the overall unit? We baby our CBs and we didn't blitz this year.
  • Pettine had to have some input on Lowry and his deal, and that blew up in our face.
  • Adams regressed this year, and truthfully so did Lancaster. 
  • No positive development of Oren Burks and a failure to develop another ILB.

• Like 4