Fire Pettine

MacReady

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

i agree.

we cant fully rebuild with rodgers and lack of draft capital

Just now, CWood21 said:

Sign a veteran WR and DL.  Draft a WR, ILB, and OT with the early portion of our draft picks.

This draft is deep at OT, NT, and WR.  

Draft those three in the first three rounds and they'll be in a good spot.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

This draft is deep at OT, NT, and WR.  

Draft those three in the first three rounds and they'll be in a good spot.  

Looking at our team needs, and there's more than I'd like.  WR, TE, OL, DL, and ILB are all at the top of the needs board.  Probably need to bring in another body at S, and we need some sort of safety net at corner.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Looking at our team needs, and there's more than I'd like.  WR, TE, OL, DL, and ILB are all at the top of the needs board.  Probably need to bring in another body at S, and we need some sort of safety net at corner.

Yes, we need WR, OT, and NT.  I want to see how Jace does in year two.

We need to make a big signing at LB and I don't know where that'll come from.  

3 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Not disagreeing, but we’re gonna have to tank for a few years to get a line of that caliber.

Understand the concept - but I'm not a proponent of sucking for 3-4 years and scarfing up top ten draft talent.

Means our talent evaluations, free agent acquisitions and coaching need to stay sharp.

SF stuck for a solid five years. I dont want to go through that.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Understand the concept - but I'm not a proponent of sucking for 3-4 years and scarfing up top ten draft talent.

Means our talent evaluations, free agent acquisitions and coaching need to stay sharp.

SF stuck for a solid five years. I dont want to go through that.

Exactly. Which means resign Clark and hope you strike gold elsewhere beyond t-Rex arms Lowry and Lancaster

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How do you think the RT spot plays out? Let Bulaga walk, Jared Veldheer as a back-up/transition player, then early round pick to take over in the future?

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yes, we need WR, OT, and NT.  I want to see how Jace does in year two.

We need to make a big signing at LB and I don't know where that'll come from.  

We need to get a veteran WR, and then draft a Day 2 WR.  At this point, I almost feel like we're being forced to re-sign Bryan Bulaga.  We really don't have any real strong options behind him currently on the roster.  I don't mind Kenny Clark at those nose tackle, but we need a body better than Dean Lowry.  I'd add a veteran TE and a developmental TE in the late Day 2, early Day 3 portions.

Don't know if that big FA signing is going to come.  Is there really one worth it out there?  I think Cory Littleton is the highest ranked FA LB out there.  Not totally sure about him.  And this LB class as a whole is underwhelming.  Right now, I see Isaiah Simmons (who is a likely top 10 pick) and Kenneth Murray, and then a bunch of meh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Exactly. Which means resign Clark and hope you strike gold elsewhere beyond t-Rex arms Lowry and Lancaster

Whatever it takes. I'm not in to off season stuff yet.

I mean - its downright stupid we can be trailing a team like we were and they'd only thrown 6 passes.

Thats more than a head scratcher. That speaks to a SERIOUS talent disparity and I also think scheme.