2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Yes. And it has been proven time and time again that you don't need a top running game for play-action to work. That's not how it works.

Now they lose a top WR or CB, significantly more important, in favor of a RB.

Again depends on your QB & offensive philosophy any team that had a elite RB & let him walk because they didn’t want to pay him, that had a efficient high octane passing offense. 🗣We dont Tannehill is not that guy again this team this offense is Derrick Henry that’s facts. You’re so caught up in #S Paying a RB that your missing the value to the team his importance. Prime ex Albert Haynesworth look how we went from a 13-3 team and a dominating defense to trash the year we decided not to pay him.. yes he bummed out in Washington because he didn’t want to play in a 3-4 after they promise to keep him in a 4-3 when he signed but look how that move backfired on fisher 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Yes. And it has been proven time and time again that you don't need a top running game for play-action to work. That's not how it works.

Now they lose a top WR or CB, significantly more important, in favor of a RB.

Lol, but it is how it works. 
That's the very reason for play-action. The threat of the run. 
Now you can just throw some petty runs in there to try to keep the defense honest so you can play action, but then you are wasting downs and we don't have the QB or players to overcome wasted downs. 
Mahomes can throw in a run here and there just because and then Mahomes get them 15 yards. We don't have that luxury. 

You think the play action for the Bucs has the same impact as play action from us or the Ravens? 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Again depends on your QB & offensive philosophy any team that had a elite RB & let him walk because they didn’t want to pay him, that had a efficient high octane passing offense. 🗣We dont Tannehill is not that guy again this team this offense is Derrick Henry that’s facts. You’re so caught up in #S Paying a RB that your missing the value to the team his importance. Prime ex Albert Haynesworth look how we went from a 13-3 team and a dominating defense to trash the year we decided not to pay him.. yes he bummed out in Washington because he didn’t want to play in a 3-4 after they promise to keep him in a 4-3 when he signed but look how that move backfired on fisher 

This team had Derrick Henry for 3.5 years and it's offense was garbage until Ryan Tannehill started at QB and put up 260 YPG in the air. It is not a team carried by Derrick Henry and that is far from factual. 

Again, the media thinks it's Derrick Henry's offense and he carried this team and some of you do as well because of recency bias, but it's just not true. He's a good RB for sure and he contributed to this team for sure. He's not the only RB out there than can rush for 4-5 YPC behind the best run-blocking OL in the NFL.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Lol, but it is how it works. 
That's the very reason for play-action. The threat of the run. 
Now you can just throw some petty runs in there to try to keep the defense honest so you can play action, but then you are wasting downs and we don't have the QB or players to overcome wasted downs. 
Mahomes can throw in a run here and there just because and then Mahomes get them 15 yards. We don't have that luxury. 

You think the play action for the Bucs has the same impact as play action from us or the Ravens? 

That's not how it works and statistics back this up. Play-action works for even mediocre rushing teams. The threat of the run is in the play-action itself. 

Now, if you never call running plays, sure they might catch on. But we don't need Derrick Henry to call running plays as well as our OL is run-blocking. It's not wasting downs if we don't have Derrick Henry. We saw some of the holes created by our OL that were highlighted by the media. Derrick Henry made plays on his own, but he's not the only RB in the NFL that can do that. The success of a running game is far more likely to stay with the OL than the RB.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

This team had Derrick Henry for 3.5 years and it's offense was garbage until Ryan Tannehill started at QB and put up 260 YPG in the air. It is not a team carried by Derrick Henry and that is far from factual. 

Again, the media thinks it's Derrick Henry's offense and he carried this team and some of you do as well because of recency bias, but it's just not true. He's a good RB for sure and he contributed to this team for sure. He's not the only RB out there than can rush for 4-5 YPC behind the best run-blocking OL in the NFL.

Here we go again here’s some facts for you, the offense was once Demarco Murray & mariota played off him. Derrick Henry backed up Demarco his 1st 2 years. Henry 3rd year he carried the titans he was our offense & dam near rushed us in the playoffs till Blane Gabbert screwed it up.

you said Tannehill made Derick Henry look at the facts bro please. Henry 1st 6 games with mariota stats were, 84, 82, 44, 100, 78, 28. Now if you look back his season before he started the season slow & didn’t get a 100yrds till week 13. Facts this team starts with Derick Henry you’re trying to make Tannehill something he’s not, we do not use the pass to setup the run, Tannehill rarely attempts over 30 -35 passes. He’s a game manager a damn good 1 but this offense is not built around his skillset which is why the titans hide him

Now tell me are the chiefs the same team with Alex Smith VS Pat Mahomes same team - kareem hunt 🤔 of course not Andy Reid put the chiefs offense on Mahomes because he know he’s special he’s elite thrower from the pocket as in with Smith they weren’t as explosive & they ran the ball with hunt. Teams put 8-10 guys in the box to stop Henry not play a lot of cover 2 because Tannehill a threat as a passer. You stop Derrick Henry you have a great chance beating the titans as evident Sunday 

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That's not how it works and statistics back this up. Play-action works for even mediocre rushing teams. The threat of the run is in the play-action itself. 

Now, if you never call running plays, sure they might catch on. But we don't need Derrick Henry to call running plays as well as our OL is run-blocking. It's not wasting downs if we don't have Derrick Henry. We saw some of the holes created by our OL that were highlighted by the media. Derrick Henry made plays on his own, but he's not the only RB in the NFL that can do that. The success of a running game is far more likely to stay with the OL than the RB.

I just whole heartedly disagree.

It just baffles me how we have the first productive offense in almost 2 decades and the first thing is to replace the people that did it. Same with anyone that doesn't want Tanny back. 
This fan base is a trip. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It just baffles me how we have the first productive offense in almost 2 decades and the first thing is to replace the people that did it. Same with anyone that doesn't want Tanny back. 
This fan base is a trip. 

I’m keep it real I want Tanny back but I’m not against brady coming if the price right & they change the offense to his liking. Reason because brady is better than Tannehill & he’ll get the most out of our offense far as the passing game & that alone will make life easier for Henry, now my logic makes sense. TitanSS is tripping he really got a problem with paying Henry because he a RB & that’s what it is, he don’t see his full value & what he means to the team he just sees a fat contract for a RB

32 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Here we go again here’s some facts for you, the offense was once Demarco Murray & mariota played off him. Derrick Henry backed up Demarco his 1st 2 years. Henry 3rd year he carried the titans he was our offense & dam near rushed us in the playoffs till Blane Gabbert screwed it up.

you said Tannehill made Derick Henry look at the facts bro please. Henry 1st 6 games with mariota stats were, 84, 82, 44, 100, 78, 28. Now if you look back his season before he started the season slow & didn’t get a 100yrds till week 13. Facts this team starts with Derick Henry you’re trying to make Tannehill something he’s not, we do not use the pass to setup the run, Tannehill rarely attempts over 30 -35 passes. He’s a game manager a damn good 1 but this offense is not built around his skillset which is why the titans hide him

Here's some facts for you since you can't seem to remember things correctly.

In Henry's 3rd year he had 474 yards rushing through the first 12 games of the season. Really carried us that ENTIRE year? He could barely beat out Dion Lewis as the starter and averaged 3.7 YPC in those games.

Stop romanticizing what actually happened. He only had 2 100 yard rushing games the entire year. Outside of those 2 games he averaged 40.68 YPG. Freaking 40 yards a game outside of two outliar performances. Averaged under 4 YPC outside of those 2 games. Thank freaking god we had him on the team last year. 

You all can try to spin it however you want, but Derrick Henry hadn't done jack **** in his career, save for a couple random games spread out over 3.5 years, prior to Ryan Tannehill taking over. He averaged 3.7 YPC this season before Tannehill started as well.

Tannehill isn't the worlds best QB, but he was very capable this season and his was the pillar of our success. He threw for 260 YPG. He wasn't being hidden and more than Jimmy G was being hidden throwing for 4k yards this year. That is the offensive system we run and it's basically what LaFleur brought here. Marrying the passing game and the running game. And you don't need a 15m investment at RB to do that. 

I like Derrick Henry and I am all for bringing him back at a salary that RBs are actually worth. He is a beast, but he is a RB, and the running success follows the OL more than the RB. 

Edited by TitanSS

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Idk why you guys are arguing with a guy who thinks we went away from the pass against NE because Arthur, "forgot" there were pass plays on his play sheet. xD

If you think I actually meant "forgot" literally in that sense, as if it literally escaped his mind that there were pass plays, then no one can help you.

Nice fallacy, though. 

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This fan base is a trip. 

If we could keep him at a reasonable salary I would be all for it. Other top RBs are not paid reasonable salaries.

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Here's some facts for you since you can't seem to remember things correctly.

In Henry's 3rd year he had 474 yards rushing through the first 12 games of the season. Really carried us that ENTIRE year? He could barely beat out Dion Lewis as the starter and averaged 3.7 YPC in those games.

Stop romanticizing what actually happened. He only had 2 100 yard rushing games the entire year. Outside of those 2 games he averaged 40.68 YPG. Freaking 40 yards a game outside of two outliar performances. Averaged under 4 YPC outside of those 2 games. Thank freaking god we had him on the team last year. 

You all can try to spin it however you want, but Derrick Henry hadn't done jack **** in his career, save for a couple random games spread out over 3.5 years, prior to Ryan Tannehill taking over. He averaged 3.7 YPC this season before Tannehill started as well.

Tannehill isn't the worlds best QB, but he was very capable this season and his was the pillar of our success. He threw for 260 YPG. He wasn't being hidden and more than Jimmy G was being hidden throwing for 4k yards this year. That is the offensive system we run and it's basically what LaFleur brought here. Marrying the passing game and the running game. And you don't need a 15m investment at RB to do that. 

I like Derrick Henry and I am all for bringing him back at a salary that RBs are actually worth. He is a beast, but he is a RB, and the running success follows the OL more than the RB. 

Dude I just said that Henry didn’t get a 100 yards to week 13 that year I know the stats, but you know what change what happened 🗣The titans gave him the Dam football vrabel realized he’s not a RB by committee he needs touches he’s a workhorse, it’s not that he couldn’t beat out Lewis the coaching staff was hell bent on getting their money’s worth from a guy they gave 18 mill dollars to.. & when they have him them football we started winning games oh here’s another fact 🗣 TN is undefeated when Henry rushes over a 100 yards look it up bucko