2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

32 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Or if he’s ever matched up with a receiver with speed. 

Its not to say he’s bad, he’s just so limited. In a world where Chris Harris is getting 2/17, I honestly think Logan’s value is pretty similar to that Dennis Kelly contract.

I mean ignoring guys like Slay and Jones getting absurdly gigantic contracts here kinda skews things, no?

No idea why Harris is paid so little considering as far as I'm concerned(although I certainly haven't watched every snap of all 3), he's the best of the 3.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean ignoring guys like Slay and Jones getting absurdly gigantic contracts here kinda skews things, no?

No idea why Harris is paid so little considering as far as I'm concerned(although I certainly haven't watched every snap of all 3), he's the best of the 3.

Harris isn’t better than slay, he’s good cover corner but he plays a lot in the slot & he doesn’t have to cover much, & benefit from having a good pass rush. Slay travels the #1 WR’s & Brandon Jones in my opinion is a beast Dallas wasn’t using him right, kinda how the bills weren’t using Gilmore right. He’s a great in bump & run & sticky in man coverage, Plus he can play safety equally well. 

Edited by TitanRedd

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean, Slay might as well play a completely different position. It’s not just that Logan is at his best as a nickel, he’s just a liability on the outside. 

Pure slot corners just aren’t getting paid. Brian Poole got 1 year, $5 million. Mackenzie Alexander got 1 year, $4 million. Nickell Robey Coleman was just released.

• Like 1

Well I imagine the team is expecting a huge year from Simmons to off set Casey. I also think we need to add a FA corner OR DL.  We do this as a safety net allowing us on draft day to get best available 1st 2nd then add hopefully a cover corner 3rd rd and a WR 4th TE 5th

i also left off RB.   It is interesting that Gurley is out there he would be a big addition and a great off set too Henry but probably too expensive 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Or if he’s ever matched up with a receiver with speed. 

Its not to say he’s bad, he’s just so limited. In a world where Chris Harris is getting 2/17, I honestly think Logan’s value is pretty similar to that Dennis Kelly contract.

No denying he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest WR’s, but he is as good as it gets everywhere else for a slot CB..which is basically a starting position these days.

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

No denying he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest WR’s, but he is as good as it gets everywhere else for a slot CB..which is basically a starting position these days.

Yea but not 10 plus million good that to me is were Adoree price should be at a solid #2 borderline #1 cover corner 13-16 mill I’m expecting game changer shutdown 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Yea but not 10 plus million good that to me is were Adoree price should be at a solid #2 borderline #1 cover corner 13-16 mill I’m expecting game changer shutdown 

So you think we’ve been overpaying for him these last 3 years?

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So you think we’ve been overpaying for him these last 3 years?

Yes but he was well worth it, for the simple fact when you have a ton of cap space, & you as a franchise are rebuilding, you have to sometimes over spend on players in order to get things turned around & establish a winning culture. 

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yes but he was well worth it, for the simple fact when you have a ton of cap space, & you as a franchise are rebuilding, you have to sometimes over spend on players in order to get things turned around & establish a winning culture. 

I think one of the best slot CB's in the game in a league driven by the pass is worth 5% of the cap. I wouldn't have any problem giving him 2 years 20m if we miss out on Clowney simply because getting to the QB is going to be a major issue again and coverage sacks will be crucial. Draft a CB with #29 to replace Butler next year and that secondary is cookin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think one of the best slot CB's in the game in a league driven by the pass is worth 5% of the cap. I wouldn't have any problem giving him 2 years 20m if we miss out on Clowney simply because getting to the QB is going to be a major issue again and coverage sacks will be crucial. Draft a CB with #29 to replace Butler next year and that secondary is cookin.

If all else fails I’m fine with using that money towards resigning Adoree & Jayon. We pretty much drafted Ryan replacement in hooker.. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

If all else fails I’m fine with using that money towards resigning Adoree & Jayon. We pretty much drafted Ryan replacement in hooker.. 

Ultimately I think you're correct. However Jayon may be expendable if what we saw out of David Long in the playoffs was legit.

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Ultimately I think you're correct. However Jayon may be expendable if what we saw out of David Long in the playoffs was legit.

Long was good in the playoffs, but I think Jayon needs to be a “piece” for this team moving forward. He’s that good to me, and probably our biggest playmaker on D other than Byard. He is so well rounded and a really consistently good player. 

to me, moving on from Jayon would be a bad mistake. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Long was good in the playoffs, but I think Jayon needs to be a “piece” for this team moving forward. He’s that good to me, and probably our biggest playmaker on D other than Byard. He is so well rounded and a really consistently good player. 

to me, moving on from Jayon would be a bad mistake. 

I think they need to keep that trio at ILB as long as they can. I went back and watched that Baltimore game and Long is a stud. Going to be nice to see the continued development from that group. Hopefully it continues with McKenzie moving on.

• Like 1