2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think they need to keep that trio at ILB as long as they can. I went back and watched that Baltimore game and Long is a stud. Going to be nice to see the continued development from that group. Hopefully it continues with McKenzie moving on.

Long played really well and will be good depth. I don’t see 16 game starter in him, though, and that’s ok. He’s hopefully going to turn into a very reliable backup and spot starter 

• Like 1

It's early, but its not..lol
But this off-season I'm not feeling like we really got better. 
Defense was the main area I wanted to address and I don't know if we've gotten any better in that area.  We've gotten worst at this point of the game.

Casey gone. Ryan Gone. Dean Pees Gone. 
Beasley added but he has many question marks. D-line got weaker as of now. 

If all our eggs are in the Clowney basket and he goes elsewhere, that leaves us with a major hole. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's early, but its not..lol
But this off-season I'm not feeling like we really got better. 
Defense was the main area I wanted to address and I don't know if we've gotten any better in that area.  We've gotten worst at this point of the game.

Casey gone. Ryan Gone. Dean Pees Gone. 
Beasley added but he has many question marks. D-line got weaker as of now. 

If all our eggs are in the Clowney basket and he goes elsewhere, that leaves us with a major hole. 

I just can't wrap my mind around us letting Casey go, especially for such a minuscule return, if Clowney wasn't a lock. There's just no way...

right?

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I just can't wrap my mind around us letting Casey go, especially for such a minuscule return, if Clowney wasn't a lock. There's just no way...

right?

Something.....

Maybe they'd be willing to trade their 1st this year with it being so low...
Trade a 1st for someone like Chris Jones? or someone else?

Do they project to have low 1st rounder next year? Trade next year's 1st hoping it will be at about 29ish?

Can't imagine creating an wide open hole on the line for salary room and an 7th.

49 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Something.....

Maybe they'd be willing to trade their 1st this year with it being so low...
Trade a 1st for someone like Chris Jones? or someone else?

Do they project to have low 1st rounder next year? Trade next year's 1st hoping it will be at about 29ish?

Can't imagine creating an wide open hole on the line for salary room and an 7th.

I keep hoping for a trade for Yannick or Jones

Tagged players last year went for 2nd rounders I believe? Not sure if any other picks were involved 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not an 3 year deal.

An assumption that the last sentence of the tweet should probably read void if not on roster on 5th day...  But cutting him would result in the same voiding of the remaining years/money.  That's weird wording... unless part of the contract guarantees on the 5th day of that 23 season.... 

So technically its a 5 year 70M with cap hits of 8M, 13M, 15M, 17M and 17M...

but can easily become a 3 year 42M contract if they void the last 2 years.... cap hits of 8M, 13M, 15M, and a 6M dead hit in 23.... that's probably why it was reported as a 3 year 42M contract...