2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

whats the scoop on this cat. Never heard of him

Great depth. Can start in spots. He’s average in the grand scheme of things but you can do a lot worse. I’ll miss him here, I thought he played well for what his role was.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

whats the scoop on this cat. Never heard of him

Flashed at moments of being a 4th corner. 

Wouldn't expect anything other than depth and special teams play. 

Could start for a game or two, but after that you playing with fire and he will get burned. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Logan isn’t getting anything more than $5 or 6 million per. And even that might be high.

It's like Adam Schefter said regarding Clowney, if you're still a free agent at this poiny, you're more than likely not going to get the number you were looking for.

Between him still being a free agent and the contracts we're seeing from other slot corners, Ryan isn't going to get that +10 mil. contract he was looking for. Hopefully that means it's a good chance he resigns with us.

I can see his point. I would have no problem bringing Ryan back as I've mentioned previously (not at 10m tho, I like him in the 7.5m range) and going after Golden....which if this account is legit might end up being the case...

Which would you guys prefer? Ryan+Golden or Clowney? And for the sake of discussion let's just assume both of these options would about do it for us in free agency (minus some cheap depth signings). I'm leaning Ryan+Golden.

I think bringing Ryan back and Butler returning healthy would re-establish our secondary as an elite unit. Replacing Correa and Wake for Beasley and Golden would also be a great boost to our pretty weak EDGE unit that really only has Landry worth mentioning. Roberson did flash a bit so hopefully he can develop his game. As for the d-line, losing Casey obviously sucks but hopefully Jones can keep up his play and with Simmons developing over the offseason it can somewhat offset that loss. I think we'll need better depth besides Mack and Dickerson so maybe we'll look to the draft to sure it up. ILB's don't even need discussed as Evans and Brown are very good and Long looked impressive in the playoffs.

All in all, I think adding Ryan and Golden would be what's best for our defense as a whole. We can go BPA on defense as well as BPA on offense in the draft since we already know who'll be getting the go at every single position. Honestly our biggest hurdle this year is going to be overcoming the loss of Pees and Coombs. Vrabel's already been hella impressive but we're really about to see what he's made of now.

38 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think bringing Ryan back and Butler returning healthy would re-establish our secondary as an elite unit. Replacing Correa and Wake for Beasley and Golden would also be a great boost to our pretty weak EDGE unit that really only has Landry worth mentioning. Roberson did flash a bit so hopefully he can develop his game. As for the d-line, losing Casey obviously sucks but hopefully Jones can keep up his play and with Simmons developing over the offseason it can somewhat offset that loss. I think we'll need better depth besides Mack and Dickerson so maybe we'll look to the draft to sure it up. ILB's don't even need discussed as Evans and Brown are very good and Long looked impressive in the playoffs.

All in all, I think adding Ryan and Golden would be what's best for our defense as a whole. We can go BPA on defense as well as BPA on offense in the draft since we already know who'll be getting the go at every single position. Honestly our biggest hurdle this year is going to be overcoming the loss of Pees and Coombs. Vrabel's already been hella impressive but we're really about to see what he's made of now.

Our secondary was never elite though. If you ask me our secondary was very solid but far from elite. We had early success due to the fact we played a bunch of young QB’s early on who pees could fool with disguising coverage. We play far too much zone & if there’s no pressure & we’re playing a seasoned QB, we get picked a part.

53 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Our secondary was never elite though. If you ask me our secondary was very solid but far from elite. We had early success due to the fact we played a bunch of young QB’s early on who pees could fool with disguising coverage. We play far too much zone & if there’s no pressure & we’re playing a seasoned QB, we get picked a part.

We were ranked 6th in passing yards allowed per game, 9th in completion percentage allowed, and 8th in QB rating allowed in 2018. The only other secondaries to finish top 10 in all 3 of those categories that year was Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Baltimore...and we were right there in their company. Even though the competition wasn't strong in the beginning of 2019 before Butler went down we can look at 2018 to prove that it wasn't a fluke. The Vacarro/Byard tandem and Butler/Jackson/Ryan trio can definitely be elite and I still think we should add a CB in the 1st to replace Butler next year. It would be even better if that were to happen.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

We were ranked 6th in passing yards allowed per game, 9th in completion percentage allowed, and 8th in QB rating allowed in 2018. The only other secondaries to finish top 10 in all 3 of those categories that year was Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Baltimore...and we were right there in their company. Even though the competition wasn't strong in the beginning of 2019 before Butler went down we can look at 2018 to prove that it wasn't a fluke. The Vacarro/Byard tandem and Butler/Jackson/Ryan trio can definitely be elite and I still think we should add a CB in the 1st to replace Butler next year. It would be even better if that were to happen.

Again I know we were ranked top 10 but look how our secondary play against prolific passing offense vs good QB’s. our secondary is bend but don’t break zone heavy cover 3 & 2. I do hope we drafts butler replacement this year, but my opinion we need speed in the secondary & guys that can bump & run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:
Which would you guys prefer? Ryan+Golden or Clowney? And for the sake of discussion let's just assume both of these options would about do it for us in free agency (minus some cheap depth signings). I'm leaning Ryan+Golden.

Golden and Ryan and it's not even close.  If we signed those two, our biggest individual needs would be DT, second RB, and backup QB.  We'd need depth in a couple of places, but that would free us up to take almost any good player that fell.