2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Henderson I don't think makes it to us.  Gladney I would be very happy with at 29 though.  Too rich for Fulton IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to grab a RB in the first, unless it's Taylor or Swift and the team actually plans on moving on from Henry after this season.  If you're keeping Henry it's a bit of a wasted pick.

Wait Taylor swift is eligible for the draft?!?!

• Like 1

We absolutely cannot draft a WR in the first round. We've already got a #1 in Brown, Humphries is a good slot guy, and while Davis may be on his way out, he's fine as a #2. That's not to mention how heavy our TE use is in this offense and we have Smith and Firkser there as receiving options.

Spending a first round pick on a guy who is gonna be #4 on the depth chart(when we often only have 2 WRs on the field) when the season starts is just asinine to me.

Roll with the WR depth chart we have(obviously can add to the back end, but speaking of starters) and if Davis walks then find someone next year. With our needs(assuming no big FA signings) at pass rusher, DL and CB(can maybe throw OT here too?), I just can't see picking a receiver.

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind trading back into the early 2nd and getting a 3rd and 4th back... 

I would then package our 2nd and 3rd to move up in the 2nd. I feel the value is highest in that early/mid 2nd.

Obviously, this depends on who's available, but thats where I see value right now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I wouldn't mind trading back into the early 2nd and getting a 3rd and 4th back... 

I would then package our 2nd and 3rd to move up in the 2nd. I feel the value is highest in that early/mid 2nd.

Obviously, this depends on who's available, but thats where I see value right now. 

I can see that happening if the Titans arnt in love with anyone at 29

I do think we could trade back. It is a draft that doesn't have a WHOLE lot of star power and it's deep in a few positions. 
Being at 29, I can see us saying let's trade back.

Also I could see us saying let's go up. 
We don't have a lot of open spots for starters and given how they seem to like to get the most out of late draft picks or Undrafted guys, I can see those spots going to some of the depth players. 
We might be tight up on the cap a little so try to get cheap as possible.

Trade back to maximize our money and fill the roster with rookies at depth or trade up to get a targeted player on the D-Line or Corner.  
Everything else is going to be depth in my opinion. 

45 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do think we could trade back. It is a draft that doesn't have a WHOLE lot of star power and it's deep in a few positions. 
Being at 29, I can see us saying let's trade back.

Also I could see us saying let's go up. 
We don't have a lot of open spots for starters and given how they seem to like to get the most out of late draft picks or Undrafted guys, I can see those spots going to some of the depth players. 
We might be tight up on the cap a little so try to get cheap as possible.

Trade back to maximize our money and fill the roster with rookies at depth or trade up to get a targeted player on the D-Line or Corner.  
Everything else is going to be depth in my opinion. 

we've been more aggressive about trading up under robinson, but at this point it feels like the only capital we'd have to do so is future draft picks. don't love that unless somehow we get like chase young out of it lol

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we've been more aggressive about trading up under robinson, but at this point it feels like the only capital we'd have to do so is future draft picks. don't love that unless somehow we get like chase young out of it lol

Hey in mind Jack Conklin wasn't worth trading up for...lol

But if they identify a guy and feel it's worth it. I don't think they would hesitate.

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Those deaLD don’t make as much sense anymore unless you get a future 1st. That extra year of (potential) control is pretty crucial. 

This is an old scar but a deep one from 2004 (Teoupe/Laboy/Odom), I’m never really a fan of getting out of the first to the second. We’ll see how it plays out but with the lack of visits with Covid but guessing this will be a conservative draft for everybody. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VY said:

Those deaLD don’t make as much sense anymore unless you get a future 1st. That extra year of (potential) control is pretty crucial. 

That's not necessarily the case. If you want someone, you work st resigning them, period. If we're talking about 5th year option vs tagging someone, the dollars aren't always that much different... Especially when you consider the 29th pick is slotted to get an 11.2M contract, and say the 35th at 8.2M or the 40th at 7.5M.

The way I see it is if someone you really like starts sliding, you look at maybe moving up to get him, or if there are a couple, you wait hoping one of them falls to you... But if there are multiple guys you have rated about the same, you can trade down, pick up other valuable picks, and still get one of the guys you were targeting at your original spot. 

If we can get a 3rd and a 4th to move down to tjat 35-40 range, I like my chances of picking a good player with one of those 3 picks as opposed to just that 1 player at 29. He's not going to hit on all his 1st-4th rounders, but he's hitting on about half of them... And now instead of 3 picks in the first rounds, he'd have 5 in those same rounds.

Looking through his draft pick history, I wasn't aware he's never once picked in the 4th round in his drafts so far... That's odd. Lol

• Like 1