KingTitan

2020 Titans Off-Season

33 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That's fine and all (and I'm not arguing he carried the team that was never my argument in the first place), but you can't say 2016-2018 and beginning of 2019 Henry was random. It was clear why he produced the way he produced. It doesn't matter anyways, he is the player he is now.

I think that the argument that one player carried the team is a wack argument. Tannehill complements Henry and Henry compliments Tannehill. Both also were complimented by the offensive line. A lot of things changed since the 2-4 start. I think it is best to keep as much continuity with the team as possible, but also look to the future. At this point it would be absurd to me to let Henry go, he means too much what we have going. We need to continue to form a winning culture, even if that means paying a RB when the past instances say don’t pay a running back. I really think Henry is special, and can buck conventional trends. Our team is built on the run. We should look into ways into ways to continue to push our strengths.

I think there is absolutely no way this current team(primed for another playoff run) goes into next offseason with just Landry and a rookie pass-rusher. That’s why I feel this team will spend for a legit vet. Not some washed up player like Wake.

Makes sense, I didn’t even think about that as far as us bringing Ryan back 

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Butler was great this year when he was playing.  Logan will be tough to replace, but Amani Hooker was looked at as a slot DB himself.  He looked good in the time he spent on the field, and should be better next season.  It'll be a downgrade for sure, but if it saves $10 million, you can't complain too much.  We'll need corners either way because Leshaun Sims is also a free agent, and fourth corners play quite a bit.

That said, I'd still like to see him re-signed if they can do it for not a ton of money.

Our D definitely took a hit after he went down Week 9.  We went from giving up 236 pass yards/game in the first 9 weeks to 279 after.  Other factors come into play (ie, Wake going down Week 12, Adoree missing the final few weeks, etc), but getting Butler back healthy next year helps a lot. 

At this point, I've just about given up the thought of Ryan coming back.  We got him "cheap" at 3/30M last time.  If we could get him on a similar deal, it's almost too good to pass up... but you'd think he'll cost at least a little more due to cap inflation... and the fact that he's a better player, a widely regarded as such since last time he was a FA.  Some team will offer more than we'll match.  But I'm ok with that... and using his money to get a top tier pass rusher... Clowney (27 - 6/120M), Ngauke (25 - 5/85M), Dupree (27 - 5/83M) or Fowler (26 - n/a) Beasley (28 - N/A)... the parentheses are their current age and Spotrac's calculated market values.  There's some value guys we can get, but they come with some question marks... Barrett (27 - 4/63M), Judon (28 - 4/65M), Lawson (26 - 4/30), or Golden (28 - 4/54).  JPP could be an intriguing option, but is also a bit older at 31, although he's still putting up high sack numbers (8.5 sacks and 16 qb hits this past year, and 12.5/20 the year before).  I'd have the same concerns about him as I did with Wake... maybe slightly less, but still there.  Either way, JRob seems to have a ton of options at Edge, which he absolutely needs to target.  

If we land a strong pass rusher, I'd move CB to the top of my 1st round wish list.  I'd still also double up on an Edge in the early/mid rounds.  I'd also love to keep Correa, but his finish to the season may have priced him out as a rotation player here... he quietly put up 6 sacks in the months of Dec/Jan (after putting up only 1 in the first 3 months).

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Then we need to get better as a passing offense, not invest more into a RB that was easily stopped by the team that's going to be in every AFC Championship for the next 10 years.

They didn’t stop him we abandon the run we got up by 10 an art went to stupid & played to run the clock down vs score points. He should’ve went no huddle up tempo keeping them off balance like he started doing once we got behind. But hey call it what you like agree to disagree Henry will be back & paid top dollar sorry I see your point though 

Resign Tannehill and Henry. Sign or trade for a top level pass-rusher(preferably sign one to keep pucks). Let Ryan walk. Negotiate with Conklin but if he gets too expensive, then say good bye. Put in an offer for Matt Feiler(RFA) or Zach Banner(RFA). Negotiate with all the lower tier Titan FAs like Milton, Bates, Pruitt, and the mid tier FAs like Sharpe(can’t go crazy with his contract because we have the chain mover in Humphries who is getting paid good money), Firkser, Correa(definitely can’t overspend here), and Kelly. Let Gilbert, Jennings, Sims, Smith, Batson, Johnson, Fluellen, Brock, Mariota, Pamphile, and Woodyard go. Trade back in the draft because we need a lot more picks than just 6. We’ll be tight against the cap and won’t have a ton of money to pay a lot of vet contracts so we’ll be relying on a lot of of younger players on the bottom of the roster for depth(40-53).

Edited by ttitansfan4life

13 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Makes sense, I didn’t even think about that as far as us bringing Ryan back 

I mean isn’t that kind of an obvious statement? 

Imagine making pitches to free agents with out a DC? 

“Wanna play for the Tennessee Titans Ngakue?” “Whats Defense we running?” “No idea” 

Im going to go out on a limb and say the Titans have a DC by the time March hits 

Titans probably won’t have a DC this weekend but shortly after the SB ends I’m sure we’ll have that DC position filled 

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I mean isn’t that kind of an obvious statement? 

Imagine making pitches to free agents with out a DC? 

“Wanna play for the Tennessee Titans Ngakue?” “Whats Defense we running?” “No idea” 

Im going to go out on a limb and say the Titans have a DC by the time March hits 

Titans probably won’t have a DC this weekend but shortly after the SB ends I’m sure we’ll have that DC position filled 

I think we’ll definitely have a DC announced in the next week or so. Everyone is down at the senior bowl right now and that’s usually where a lot of discussions start. I remember Bettcher interviewed with Vrabel down there a few years ago.

47 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Then we need to get better as a passing offense, not invest more into a RB that was easily stopped by the team that's going to be in every AFC Championship for the next 10 years.

He wasn't easily stopped, but we can agree to disagree as we already hashed out our differences on that subject.

As for getting a better passing offense what else do you want Robinson to do? Made Lewan the highest paid LT, made it rain for Saffold, extended Jones, drafted Davis in the 3rd, drafted CD #5 overall, drafted Brown in the 2nd, paid Hump 36m, made Dion the 10th most expensive RB who's specialty is pass catching, extended Delanie and drafted Jonnu to fill his shoes when his time ran out. It's all but obvious Dion is getting cut so RB will be on the list of needs whether we keep Henry or not. Where else do you get better as far as investments go?

45 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Our D definitely took a hit after he went down Week 9.  We went from giving up 236 pass yards/game in the first 9 weeks to 279 after.  Other factors come into play (ie, Wake going down Week 12, Adoree missing the final few weeks, etc), but getting Butler back healthy next year helps a lot. 

At this point, I've just about given up the thought of Ryan coming back.  We got him "cheap" at 3/30M last time.  If we could get him on a similar deal, it's almost too good to pass up... but you'd think he'll cost at least a little more due to cap inflation... and the fact that he's a better player, a widely regarded as such since last time he was a FA.  Some team will offer more than we'll match.  But I'm ok with that... and using his money to get a top tier pass rusher... Clowney (27 - 6/120M), Ngauke (25 - 5/85M), Dupree (27 - 5/83M) or Fowler (26 - n/a) Beasley (28 - N/A)... the parentheses are their current age and Spotrac's calculated market values.  There's some value guys we can get, but they come with some question marks... Barrett (27 - 4/63M), Judon (28 - 4/65M), Lawson (26 - 4/30), or Golden (28 - 4/54).  JPP could be an intriguing option, but is also a bit older at 31, although he's still putting up high sack numbers (8.5 sacks and 16 qb hits this past year, and 12.5/20 the year before).  I'd have the same concerns about him as I did with Wake... maybe slightly less, but still there.  Either way, JRob seems to have a ton of options at Edge, which he absolutely needs to target.  

If we land a strong pass rusher, I'd move CB to the top of my 1st round wish list.  I'd still also double up on an Edge in the early/mid rounds.  I'd also love to keep Correa, but his finish to the season may have priced him out as a rotation player here... he quietly put up 6 sacks in the months of Dec/Jan (after putting up only 1 in the first 3 months).

I agree on the Ryan front. Wonder if Hooker will be looked at to fill his void. Vrabel and Robinson preached versatily/multiplicity so I don't think they go after him unless he can be sort of a chameleon for us in the secondary.

I apologize if you posted it already, but what are we looking at cap space-wise this year after including some of the more obvious cuts like Dion, Wake, and Walker and our draft picks?

Edited by dtait93

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He wasn't easily stopped, but we can agree to disagree as we already hashed out our differences on that subject.

As for getting a better passing offense what else do you want Robinson to do? Made Lewan the highest paid LT, made it rain for Saffold, extended Jones, drafted Davis in the 3rd, drafted CD #5 overall, drafted Brown in the 2nd, paid Hump 36m, made Dion the 10th most expensive RB who's specialty is pass catching, extended Delanie and drafted Jonnu to fill his shoes when his time ran out. It's all but obvious Dion is getting cut so RB will be on the list of needs whether we keep Henry or not. Where else do you get better as far as investments go?

It it was cut and dry or if every player you mentioned worked out 100% of the time every team would do it and it would be easy. 

But I don't think going the opposite direction should be the conclusion everyone jumps to.

But as you mentioned we're definitely not going to get anywhere as the argument has gone in circles 100 times with different people jumping in.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It it was cut and dry or if every player you mentioned worked out 100% of the time every team would do it and it would be easy. 

But I don't think going the opposite direction should be the conclusion everyone jumps to.

Well obviously, it was moreso me being curious where else you would invest to give us a better passing offense when nearly every position on the offensive side of the ball has received a big pay day or had a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder invested in to it. I think we can agree Conklin needs to be brought back and something needs to be done at RB (I say draft one) to compliment the passing attack whether we keep Henry or not. What else is there besides the obvious of a QB?

29 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Well obviously, it was moreso me being curious where else you would invest to give us a better passing offense when nearly every position on the offensive side of the ball has received a big pay day or had a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder invested in to it. I think we can agree Conklin needs to be brought back and something needs to be done at RB (I say draft one) to compliment the passing attack whether we keep Henry or not. What else is there besides the obvious of a QB?

I didn't say I believed we are incapable of fielding a successful passing offense with our current roster. I just meant if that's what you think, paying a RB 15m who doesn't play in passing situations isn't the answer to that problem, ya know.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

If I’m Robinson, I figure out who my absolute priority re-signings are, and then just go mercenary for everything else and focus on bandaiding every need I can as efficiently as possible.

If the priority is Tanny and Henry, then resign Brock and Kelly, let Logan and Conklin go, and work on finding the best pass rusher for the money you can and get the best bang for your buck depth that you can find with what money is left.

Then when the draft rolls around, you don’t have to take anything, you can exploit the talent that’s there and go pure BPA without putting your team in any real trouble.

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I didn't say I believed we are incapable of fielding a successful passing offense with our current roster. I just meant if that's what you think, paying a RB 15m who doesn't play in passing situations isn't the answer to that problem, ya know.

Drafting the right RB to compliment him can be. Completely taking him away could also make it all crumble.