2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

22 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Facts!!!

I get what PK is saying but...                                            

Jones is a FA after this year so if there was a guy in the middle of our defense that could collapse a pocket up the middle I’m still all for taking that guy

We took Casey’s replacement last year as he stated so why is it out of the question to take Jones’s this year?

We havnt really had a force up the middle since Haynesworth and we seen how Haynesworth was able to help KVB and Babin

Its unlikely now the Titans go after him but Chris Jones in the middle of the Titans defense would help a lot but if we could find a guy in the draft that can do what he does I’m all for it and that doesn’t mean we have to reach for a guy a 29 

If the Titans are truly in on Clowney though then that’s the other big reason to not take a DL at 29

21 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Jones is a FA after this year so if there was a guy in the middle of our defense that could collapse a pocket up the middle I’m still all for taking that guy

We took Casey’s replacement last year as he stated so why is it out of the question to take Jones’s this year?

We havnt really had a force up the middle since Haynesworth and we seen how Haynesworth was able to help KVB and Babin

Its unlikely now the Titans go after him but Chris Jones in the middle of the Titans defense would help a lot but if we could find a guy in the draft that can do what he does I’m all for it and that doesn’t mean we have to reach for a guy a 29 

If the Titans are truly in on Clowney though then that’s the other big reason to not take a DL at 29

PK has mentioned a couple times to make cap room for Clowney, somebody like Jones could be extended to spread his cap hit out. Jones is probably worth another year two.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

We’re not getting some super great force at 29 anyway. If we’re looking to find Jones future replacement, we’re not doing it in the first round. Finding someone whose main job is to play the run isn’t hard to do. I expect them to take a DL at some point in the draft but I wouldn’t expect one in the first round.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think he's probably right that a DL in the first is not what they're looking for, but they definitely need to add one, unless they're going all in on Mack developing.  Simmons is Casey's replacement, but before Simmons was added, we were hurting for an interior pass rush, because the dropoff from Casey to the next best player was enormous.

And even if Crawford is reliable as a rotational guy, there will be lots of times where they line up three DLs, and then there, that's your entire depth at the position.  They need another contributor.  Doesn't have to be the first pick, but it probably should be on the short list of needs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Fun fact Pac-Man said after his 2nd season which was his best as pro, he had 60 million dollar extension on the table, that he F*d up when he went to Vegas 😩

One of my least favorite Titans ever. 
I never liked him. 

• Like 3