2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Seeing guys like Ryan, Casey, Walker, Mariota, Orakpo, Derrick Morgan and others leave the past few years has been tough. Those guys played vital roles in getting us out the gutter we were in in the early-mid 2010s. I'm grateful for all of them.

yeah. knew the changing of the guard was on the horizon, and it needs to happen, but moving on from casey, delanie, mariota, and ryan in one year pretty much cements it and has got me feeling some type of way. what a good group of dudes.

Edited by -Hope-

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah. knew the changing of the guard was on the horizon, and it needs to happen, but moving on from casey, delanie, mariota, and ryan in one year pretty much cements it and has got me feeling some type of way. what a good group of dudes.

players come and players go.. Im just glad it will be a good transition. normally when a franchise loses so many stalwarts in one offseason, it comes with a rebuild. that's not the case with us. we already have the new players on our roster and they are playing at a high level.

I think the longer this continues on, the less likely he is to sign. He clearly wants way too much money for what he’s worth. Just sucks we basically lost Casey for nothing and could’ve had him for at least one more season. That and our only real upgrade amongst the front 7 was Beasley.... YIPPIE

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think the longer this continues on, the less likely he is to sign. He clearly wants way too much money for what he’s worth. Just sucks we basically lost Casey for nothing and could’ve had him for at least one more season. That and our only real upgrade amongst the front 7 was Beasley.... YIPPIE

The only reason I think you could be wrong on that thought is because of what JRob said a few weeks ago

My initial reaction is what you think because that’s how it goes with Free Agents and the Titans but

JRob did say they would want Clowney to be checked out by their doctors 

Clowney probably hasn’t been healthy enough to pass a physical but now maybe he’s getting close to being able too?

Parts of Tennessee are starting to open back up so I wouldn’t doubt Clowney some how making a trip to Tennessee in the near future if the Titans are really still in on him 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Even if Simmons takes a step forward, I can't help but think our pass rush this year is still going to be WEAK

been a weakness for some time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Even if Simmons takes a step forward, I can't help but think our pass rush this year is still going to be WEAK

I mean, I don't see how it won't be better than last year, at least.

• Like 1

If this format is true we would see in no particular order

Weeks 1-4: vs Lions vs Bears at Packers at Vikings

Weeks 5-6: vs Bills at Broncos

Weeks 7-10: Bye Colts Jags Texans

Weeks 11-14: at Bengals at Ravens vs Browns vs Steelers 

Weeks 15-17: Colts Jags Texans

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If this format is true we would see in no particular order

Weeks 1-4: vs Lions vs Bears at Packers at Vikings

Weeks 5-6: vs Bills at Broncos

Weeks 7-10: Bye Colts Jags Texans

Weeks 11-14: at Bengals at Ravens vs Browns vs Steelers 

Weeks 15-17: Colts Jags Texans

That would be incredibly stupid. I realize rona is the reason for putting the OOC games first but still...

Regardless since my Vegas Draft trip was ruined this year, I’m definitely trying to go to Tennessee and make it a week long trip and maybe go to two home games. Definitely going to the Baltimore game regardless.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Agreed. Beasley is a solid addition and surely he’ll help but that certainly isn’t enough to make the significant jump which is what this defense needs. Otherwise this defense is still going to get thrown all over again by any decent QB

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That would be incredibly stupid. I realize rona is the reason for putting the OOC games first but still...

Regardless since my Vegas Draft trip was ruined this year, I’m definitely trying to go to Tennessee and make it a week long trip and maybe go to two home games. Definitely going to the Baltimore game regardless.

My plan is for the GB game so I wouldn’t hate September but if for what ever reason I couldn’t do GB because of no fans but then fans got to go later in the season then I would have to consider the Bills Browns Jags if the format were true as I’m trying to see teams I havnt seen yet 

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Clowney is coming to Tennessee. I am certain of it. I am not trying to get hopes up but all logic points to Clowney becoming a Titan.

1. Head coach Vrabel was his coach for his best seasons and has gone on the record to say he loved playing for him
  2. Wants to play for a winner which the Titans have been of late almost making the Super Bowl last year
  3. Gets to play the Texans twice a year
  4. His mentor and one of his best friends Joseph is now here
  5. No state income tax in Tennessee

Those are in my mind five huge factors. You could argue other teams he has been linked to have some of these but none of them have all this to offer like Tennessee has. Clowney has said he wants money (no income tax helps) to win (winner and conference final last year) and has consistently praised Vrabel.

From the team's reported, Seattle is the only true competition for us to sign Clowney as they are a heck of a franchise and he is already there. However, another point in Tennessee's favour is they play in the AFC South and not the NFC West which is hands down the toughest division to win in now.

I refuse to believe Robinson would send Casey packing when we didn't need to this year and only got a 7th rounder back for him (though technically a 6th rounder next year after the draft trade with KC).

If it wasn't for the coronavirus holding up physicals and such, I 100 percent believe Clowney would have been announced in two tone blue long before now.

Edited by Titan89