2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Oh if we're talking about interior, then yeah, we took a big step back.  We were pretty good there, but our weakness from last season was edge rush specifically, not pass rush from elsewhere.

I wouldn’t say we had an interior pass rush last season; it was mediocre at best. Cassey wasn’t his disruptive self. Simmons was okay but very disruptive in the run game.  

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I wouldn’t say we had an interior pass rush last season; it was mediocre at best. Cassey wasn’t his disruptive self. Simmons was okay but very disruptive in the run game.  

I think when Simmons got going, we had a very good interior pass rush.  You put Simmons out over the whole season and between him and Casey we got 10 sacks from the two of them.  That's better than most teams get.  Plus we got a couple from Mack and Jones.  Of course those don't tell the whole story, but Simmons, when he was hot last season was a pocket collapser.

We had one of the league's best defenses last season.  Our interior was solid.  I really think the only place we were weaker than average on defense was Edge rush.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think when Simmons got going, we had a very good interior pass rush.  You put Simmons out over the whole season and between him and Casey we got 10 sacks from the two of them.  That's better than most teams get.  Plus we got a couple from Mack and Jones.  Of course those don't tell the whole story, but Simmons, when he was hot last season was a pocket collapser.

We had one of the league's best defenses last season.  Our interior was solid.  I really think the only place we were weaker than average on defense was Edge rush.

And that was with Simmons coming off injury. With a whole healthy offseason this year, he should be that much better.

3 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

And that was with Simmons coming off injury. With a whole healthy offseason this year, he should be that much better.

Agreed.  I'm excited to see what he does now in his second season.

That said, I think we're now in the same position we were in in about 2018 on the interior: one elite player, then a huge dropoff with good depth.  Unless Mack blows up, or Crawford has way more left in the tank than we think.  Murchison has too much to work on before he'll be a real solid contributor IMO.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  I'm excited to see what he does now in his second season.

That said, I think we're now in the same position we were in in about 2018 on the interior: one elite player, then a huge dropoff with good depth.  Unless Mack blows up, or Crawford has way more left in the tank than we think.  Murchison has too much to work on before he'll be a real solid contributor IMO.

Are you being 100% honest in thinking Jurrell Casey was an elite DT last year? Or the year before that? I love Casey, too, but that's just not even close to true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Are you being 100% honest in thinking Jurrell Casey was an elite DT last year? Or the year before that? I love Casey, too, but that's just not even close to true.

I didn't say he was elite last year.  I said 2018.  The year before that.  I do think he was still playing at an elite level at that point.  But no, not in 2019.  He was an above average DT, but not an elite one.

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I miss KB, one of my favorite all-time Titans.

Funny thing to see Kenny Britt talking Titans

I just happened to go back and watch the Titans Chargers game from 13 that I was at

Fans booed him off the field as he dropped a pass on the first offensive play of the game and then followed that up with a false start

Had another penalty on a nice Wright catch an run for a block in the back

To cap it all off on the GW Drive, he never seen the field as Michael Preston got run on that last drive and then Justin Hunter got in as well for the game winning TD

Edited by Titans fan 617

KB has a great personality but never had the work ethic or maturity to reach his potential

Glad that JRob doesn't reach for guys like that. Anyone we draft is going to be a hard-worker who loves football.

Edited by deeluxx3
-

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

To cap it all off on the GW Drive, he never seen the field as Michael Preston got run on that last drive and then Justin Hunter got in as well for the game winning TD

Talk about a guy ruined by a single injury. Was getting "Baby Moss" talk after his freshman year. Started strong his sophomore year having over 300 yards the first two games before tearing his knee up. After that, he was still good but he never looked like the same guy. His whole junior year he seemed skittish then it never came together in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Talk about a guy ruined by a single injury. Was getting "Baby Moss" talk after his freshman year. Started strong his sophomore year having over 300 yards the first two games before tearing his knee up. After that, he was still good but he never looked like the same guy. His whole junior year he seemed skittish then it never came together in the NFL. 

I give you 1 that hurt worse 🗣Tyrone Calico talking bout baby Moss 6’4 218 ran 4.34

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I give you 1 that hurt worse 🗣Tyrone Calico talking bout baby Moss 6’4 218 ran 4.34

If it helps, Tyrone Calico was a multi Pro Bowler with like multiple 20+ TD seasons in my alternate universe where a 15 year old whiz kid took over the Titans and led them to multiple undefeated seasons. He was my No. 3 receiver. :D

52 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

If it helps, Tyrone Calico was a multi Pro Bowler with like multiple 20+ TD seasons in my alternate universe where a 15 year old whiz kid took over the Titans and led them to multiple undefeated seasons. He was my No. 3 receiver. :D

😩🤣🤣 he was my #1 WR on madden franchise Mode