2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

18 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I stopped following Clowney watch

He very well could be a June or July signing but I’m mentally preparing for the Titans to go with what they have

If they don't sign Clowney, they'll have a good bit of space to use after cuts start getting made, and will probably be able to land some more role players.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to shore up the interior a bit more, or sign a vet receiver.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

If they don't sign Clowney, they'll have a good bit of space to use after cuts start getting made, and will probably be able to land some more role players.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to shore up the interior a bit more, or sign a vet receiver.

I believe Taylor Gabriel is still a free agent

I thought they would be interested in a guy like him but maybe they just really believe in Raymond and the UFA kid Kinsey

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I believe Taylor Gabriel is still a free agent

I thought they would be interested in a guy like him but maybe they just really believe in Raymond and the UFA kid Kinsey

Clowney signing notwithstanding, I expect they might add another name once roster cuts start going down.

* They closed a loophole that had allowed the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans to run excessive time off the clock by committing multiple dead-ball fouls last season.

Looks like Vrabel sparked a rule change lol

If passed, the rule would have given teams two opportunities per game to replace a kickoff with one offensive down from their own 25-yard line following a score. If the offensive team gained at least 15 yards, it would retain possession. If not, the other team would get the ball at the spot where the play was blown dead.

I would honestly like to see this rule change over the onside kick. Onside kicks are pointless in my opinion because they’re almost never recovered. A chance to covert a 4th and 15 seems more exciting to me

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 615finest said:

Looks like Vrabel sparked a rule change lol

I would honestly like to see this rule change over the onside kick. Onside kicks are pointless in my opinion because they’re almost never recovered. A chance to covert a 4th and 15 seems more exciting to me

I'm 100 percent with you on this. The onside got nerfed by the new kickoff rules, and a replacement is badly needed. I like 4th and 15 because it is low percentage enough but still doable. It's the best of all worlds, and I like the idea that they limit the number of times you can do it, as well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I definitely liked the 4th and 15 idea. I also had a nightmare scenario where we somehow built a 20-point lead on the Chiefs only for Mahomes to rattle off 21 points in the fourth quarter without  our offense ever seeing the field.

There'd have to be an amendment to the rule that the Chiefs would have to complete 4th and 30.

https://www.brownsnation.com/analyst-reveals-browns-contract-offer-for-jadeveon-clowney/?fbclid=IwAR0eeBd36BGByoL94No-UjpLwaTrdsjkM5Np38xAzaHlc9RJqCcRwrFNyQE

“The word throughout the agent community is that the reportedly “super lucrative” deal he turned down from the Cleveland Browns would have been worth $12M at its base. That’s a far cry from the over $20M a year Clowney initially wanted on a long-term deal. It’s also well below the $16.8M franchise tag that fellow edge defender Matthew Judon just signed with the Ravens last week. It’s not even close, actually.”

Edited by TitanTuff