2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lewan recruiting now...

I thought for sure the news would have broken we signed him while the site was on protest mode lol

Would have been fitting, 4 months of Clowney watch and can’t talk about it to anyone lol

Lewan did something similar to this with Saffold last year going into Free Agency so I would think Clowney could be signing soon especially with the coaches being in the building starting Monday

Could be the week he takes his physical 

Edited by Titans fan 617

The stuff this franchise is saying about Clowney is hilarious 

Iv never seen them talk about a guy not on the team like the way they are Clowney

Im almost certain of 2 things 

1.Clowney will sign 

2. Henry will get an extension before camp or at the start of it 

Edited by Titans fan 617

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/13/tennessee-titans-colin-kaepernick-landing-spots-redskins-jaguars-chargers/

From a pure football move, this makes a ton of sense. We'd go from one of the worst backup qb situations to one of the top backups in the league. With everything going on around the country and the NFLs new stance, the distraction would be minimal... and the potential far outweighs any distraction. 

If we could get him for around $4M with incentives based on playing time/performance/wins, we wouldn't be dead in the water if RT has to miss a few games at some point next season. We're a team that's built to win now, and this move would further cement that.

With Henry's potential long term deal in the works, we could still afford CK and Clowney... and the buzz/momentum going into the season would be something we haven't had in a long while.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/13/tennessee-titans-colin-kaepernick-landing-spots-redskins-jaguars-chargers/

From a pure football move, this makes a ton of sense. We'd go from one of the worst backup qb situations to one of the top backups in the league. With everything going on around the country and the NFLs new stance, the distraction would be minimal... and the potential far outweighs any distraction. 

If we could get him for around $4M with incentives based on playing time/performance/wins, we wouldn't be dead in the water if RT has to miss a few games at some point next season. We're a team that's built to win now, and this move would further cement that.

With Henry's potential long term deal in the works, we could still afford CK and Clowney... and the buzz/momentum going into the season would be something we haven't had in a long while.

I was on Kap’s bandwagon coming out of Nevada. I am cool with him coming in as a backup on a team friendly deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

There’s also the fact that he would bring in a ton of revenue. Immediately would be the best-selling jersey in football.

14 hours ago, lamont said:

I was on Kap’s bandwagon coming out of Nevada. I am cool with him coming in as a backup on a team friendly deal. 

Same.  Really wanted him or Dalton with the Titans' second pick.  So we were kinda sorta right?

I mean, they were both better than Locker.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

There’s also the fact that he would bring in a ton of revenue. Immediately would be the best-selling jersey in football.

Yeah.  The whole distraction thing I think is way, way overblown.  The Titans had several players demonstrating during the anthem the last few years.  I think all from that group are gone now that Casey is traded, but I don't think it's anything that actually affects the locker room.  It'll piss off some rednecks, but who cares?  It would definitely generate a ton of revenue for any team that did it.  I continue to be shocked that no one has made that move yet.

Edited by Daniel