2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

He’s a guy I was hoping we locked up long term this offseason. To me, he’s a very important piece of this team and defense. I’d be gutted to see him sign elsewhere next summer 

He’s our best LB when healthy no question 

This is slightly off topic but out of all the sports potentially coming back, college football feels the most like it’s going to lead to a disaster. You’re already seeing it with Texas and Clemson having multiple players test positive for COVID. I just don’t understand how they can “bubble” up all these schools, while also providing enough testing for every school to test every player/coach/trainer/etc. Maybe things will change by fall time, but I have my doubts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

This is slightly off topic but out of all the sports potentially coming back, college football feels the most like it’s going to lead to a disaster. You’re already seeing it with Texas and Clemson having multiple players test positive for COVID. I just don’t understand how they can “bubble” up all these schools, while also providing enough testing for every school to test every player/coach/trainer/etc. Maybe things will change by fall time, but I have my doubts.

Agreed. I am still very doubtful that we will have a full season, if we have one. Tennessee had its highest one day increase yesterday, breaking a record that was only a week old.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Agreed. I am still very doubtful that we will have a full season, if we have one. Tennessee had its highest one day increase yesterday, breaking a record that was only a week old.

I already had my doubts about the season, but I’m beginning to get more doubtful myself. Cases are still rising and there’s still a chance that a “2nd wave” could take place in the fall, the thick of NFL season.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m just blown away we don’t have a vaccine by now

Theres people all over the world trying to come up with one but can’t believe we are really gonna go probably a full calendar year without sports 

You...... do realize how long it takes to typically create vaccines, right? 

The process usually takes 10-15 years. We're trying to do it in 1. I'd be "blown away" if got one by 2022, much less 2020. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

The process usually takes 10-15 years. We're trying to do it in 1. I'd be "blown away" if got one by 2022, much less 2020. 

I think I read an article that said they've already developed a vaccine... the testing process is what takes a long period, making sure there aren't any side effects... like strokes, or heart attacks. Things you wouldn't want to get.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think I read an article that said they've already developed a vaccine... the testing process is what takes a long period, making sure there aren't any side effects... like strokes, or heart attacks. Things you wouldn't want to get.

Definitely. Sorry for not being clearer in my thing there. When I say "create" I mean not just create but also make sure this thing can be safely used by the public as well. We have several vaccines developed -- we just don't know if any of them A) Work or B) Won't kill us 

18 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I honestly have no idea how long it takes

I just always figured where we are so technologically advanced compared to way back when that we could get things done quicker

I can live without the NBA and MLB but man if there’s no football to watch this fall, life is really going to suck a lot worse 

I’m still counting down the days until kickoff hoping that it’s actually 84 days away and doesn’t take a turn for the worse and then we find out we arnt kicking off in Denver