2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

39 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If Matt Stafford was available, would you guys want him? And if you do, how much are you willing to give up?

Wouldn't be my first choice but if Tannehill leaves I wouldn't give anymore than what we gave for Tannehill. Personally I would give 5th round and Lions pay a huge chunk of his contract.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but if Tannehill leaves I wouldn't give anymore than what we gave for Tannehill. Personally I would give 5th round and Lions pay a huge chunk of his contract.

Stafford is better than Tannehill no question he’s the NFC Philip Rivers can light it up, just never won sh*+ but no doubt he can play QB & make every throw & read an entries field 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Lol love it 

Let's just do that. Lol. 

It will be like our draft process. 

Get a underperforming high QB pick. Turn him into the comeback player of the year. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Stafford is better than Tannehill no question he’s the NFC Philip Rivers can light it up, just never won sh*+ but no doubt he can play QB & make every throw & read an entries field 

You have no argument from me on any of those points. Just personally I would try and trade up for a rookie QB rather than Stafford if we are in a position that desperate.

Stafford wouldn't save us much cap compared to tagging Tannehill and would still ultimately be a rental. Why not use the draft capital we would use to trade for him and try and get a guy who could stick around for the better part of a decade or more and would be substantially cheaper then Stafford over the next 4-5 years?

2 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

You have no argument from me on any of those points. Just personally I would try and trade up for a rookie QB rather than Stafford if we are in a position that desperate.

Stafford wouldn't save us much cap compared to tagging Tannehill and would still ultimately be a rental. Why not use the draft capital we would use to trade for him and try and get a guy who could stick around for the better part of a decade or more and would be substantially cheaper then Stafford over the next 4-5 years?

Because drafting a rookie isn’t promise, we done draft 3 QB in the 1st round since 2006 & all been bust. As of today we’re built to win & contend now. A proven QB improves our odds, at this point I want a super bowl worry bout rebuilding when all else fails. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Because drafting a rookie isn’t promise, we done draft 3 QB in the 1st round since 2006 & all been bust. As of today we’re built to win & contend now. A proven QB improves our odds, at this point I want a super bowl worry bout rebuilding when all else fails. 

Misunderstanding, I want to win now too. as much as I'd hate to do it I would rather sign Brady or another QB and spend zero draft capital. IF we are in a desperate spot where we have a choice between only Stafford for a bunch of picks and a massive contract or move up and draft a rookie I choose the cheaper rookie  who has as many playoff wins as Stafford does.

We're not going to be in any position to draft a rookie QB. Even the trash ones like Jordan Love are gone in a lot of the projections by pick 20.

It would cost more capital than we could afford to move up high enough to even get Herbert  who might still go top 10.

Hell Josh Allen went top 10 and Herbert is better than him.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I’d shorten that 31 number by a lot. A team will have to have the cap space, have the need, be willing to spend it on the most expensive RB, and Henry will have to fit that particular teams system due his limitations. How many teams is that realistically? Not a lot

The Colts have 91M and that OL... Would be deadly there and we'd face twice a year. 

The Dolphins also have 91M and I don't think they'd mind giving someone like him to help transition a thing qb. 

The Bucs have 81M and need a RB... Imagine having to defend Evans and Godwin while been shredded by someone like Henry.

The Seahawks have 60M and love a bruising back. Would pair great with Wilson. 

The Texans and Chargers also have more cap room than us currently... And have a need at RB. 

I can also see Patricia liking him in Detroit, and are sitting with 49M. Would be the best back Stafford has ever worked with. 

If he tests the FA market, he's getting paid more than you think he is. The key is getting him at a "discount" without testing the waters. He seems willing to do that. 

APY and total contract don't matter... It's all about the guarantee and the first 2-3 year structure. 

14 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The Colts have 91M and that OL... Would be deadly there and we'd face twice a year. 

The Dolphins also have 91M and I don't think they'd mind giving someone like him to help transition a thing qb. 

The Bucs have 81M and need a RB... Imagine having to defend Evans and Godwin while been shredded by someone like Henry.

The Texans and Chargers also have more cap room than us currently... And have a need at RB. 

I can also see Patricia liking him in Detroit, and are sitting with 49M. Would be the best back Stafford has ever worked with. 

If he tests the FA market, he's getting paid more than you think he is. The key is getting him at a "discount" without testing the waters. He seems willing to do that. 

APY and total contract don't matter... It's all about the guarantee and the first 2-3 year structure. 

Colts have a 23 year old Marlon Mack, they’d be insane to bench him in order to give Henry big money.

Dolphins and Bucs are both reasonable.

Chris Carson just had 1,200 yards and Seattle spent a first on Rashad Penny.

On paper, Henry would be terrifying in Houston, just not sure it’s a scheme fit though.

Chargers will still have Ekeler and just refused to pay a RB big money.

As I said a couple pages ago, I just don’t think there’s huge interest, TB would be my biggest worry. Any other rebuilding team with a terrible offensive line just doesn’t seem like a real threat.

34 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Misunderstanding, I want to win now too. as much as I'd hate to do it I would rather sign Brady or another QB and spend zero draft capital. IF we are in a desperate spot where we have a choice between only Stafford for a bunch of picks and a massive contract or move up and draft a rookie I choose the cheaper rookie  who has as many playoff wins as Stafford does.

Wins in college & wins in the NFL is 2 different things. As I’ve said Stafford ain’t won nothing it’s obvious but he’s a top 15 QB in the game, you can say he stat piles but as I always say to still put up the stats he has require a skill, if it was that easy a lot of QB’s would be able to do it, & if he didn’t put up the #s he would be considered a bust, Stafford can’t play defense 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

What's funny is the amount of people who were trying to say they'd take Mariota over Stafford in one of the preseason threads lol. Using things like wins to say Mariota was better.

Team bias is huge and people rarely realize it and find their opinion completely objective.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Pretty much what @titans0021 said. I only see Miami and Tampa as realistic options. Maybe Houston with an outside shot. Either way Robinson’s been great with his contracts so I’m not sweating it at all