2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Lol rewind to Broncos game, we thought this thing would have been up months ago. :) 

Like said in another thread, this deep playoff run pushed this back for almost a month.

Senior Bowl this week.
Few weeks after that the Combine (Feb. 25)
Few weeks after that FA starts (March 16)
Few weeks after that Draft (April 23)
Few weeks after that Mini-Camp (May 8)

Then training camp (July) 

Lol So really just a few more weeks and we will be back for pre-season   LOL!

I don’t get excited for the Senior Bowl or Combine just because I don’t watch college so I don’t get excited for that 

For me the things that I look forward too are Free Agency, NFL Schedule Release, and the Draft

40 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Trade for Miller. Need to upgrade this pass-rush or the defense will get embarrassed again against good passing teams.

Wasn’t there a rumor from “The Guy” that we looked into a trade this year around the deadline?

I would definitely take another crack at Miller if Denver were willing to move him 

As I said in the GDT, Henry will be back next year. We can debate whether or not it’s the right decision, but it’s a business move as much as a football move. I’d rather transition tag him and just match the offer that comes in, but something like 4/55 is my guess.

Tannehill will be tagged. He’s obviously the best option available unless Brees or Dak actually hit FA.

• Like 1

I’m sure the QB position, and Henry situation works themselves out but what needs to be fixed for next year is the same thing we needed to be fixed this year and we got better but not where we need to be...

Our defense

I said when we lost to Indy in Week 17 last season that if we can’t find guys that can get to the QB then we arnt ever winning a SB

We can’t even win our division because when when we play Watson we try rushing 3 and playing a ton of zone and letting him stand their all day to throw 

Our best sack guys outside of Landry are our secondary 

Casey is another year older next year, Simmons will get better but look at the guys on the D-Line of both of the SB teams 

Thats what was so good about our 08 defense (I know 4-3 3-4 are the biggest difference) but KVB Haynesworth and even Tony Brown has the ability to get after the QB

We have a lot of our own guys to have to pay but we have to find a way to get a few more good guys in here to get after the QB

"New England game planned to stop Tannehill and the PA."

Tannehill - 53% CMP PCT, 4.8 YPA, 72 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

"Baltimore game planned to stop Henry and the running game."

Henry - 6.5 YPA, 190 yards, 1 passing TD

One guy struggled when the defense keyed on him, the other guy answered the bell time and time again when the defense keyed on him.

Edited by dtait93

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m sure the QB position, and Henry situation works themselves out but what needs to be fixed for next year is the same thing we needed to be fixed this year and we got better but not where we need to be...

Our defense

I said when we lost to Indy in Week 17 last season that if we can’t find guys that can get to the QB then we arnt ever winning a SB

We can’t even win our division because when when we play Watson we try rushing 3 and playing a ton of zone and letting him stand their all day to throw 

Our best sack guys outside of Landry are our secondary 

Casey is another year older next year, Simmons will get better but look at the guys on the D-Line of both of the SB teams 

Thats what was so good about our 08 defense (I know 4-3 3-4 are the biggest difference) but KVB Haynesworth and even Tony Brown has the ability to get after the QB

We have a lot of our own guys to have to pay but we have to find a way to get a few more good guys in here to get after the QB

Haynesworth, Tony Brown, Jason Jones, Jacob Ford, Dave Ball, Kyle Vandenbosch 🗣we were deep son on that DL we rarely blitz 😒 just played a ton of zone with CB’s playing 10 yards off sitting on routes all day 

I posted this in the JRob thread before I saw this one pop up... 

I'm starting to think let Ryan go if it means picking up a top pass rusher. Conklin may price himself out too... Those are 2 guys we'd most love to have back who we may not be able to bring back. 

The only certainties are Mariota is gone, as is Woodyard. Dion, Wake, and Succop I'd say are 99% gone as they try to find money for some of the FAs. Walker is probably gone too? Maybe not but it seems he may be. Casey is a Longshot to be cut... But that's a lot of money we could save. 

Everything else is up in the air. Henry, RT, Ryan, Conklin are the priorities, probably in that order. 

Bates, Correa, Firkser, Kelley, Pruitt, Sharpe, Sims are all role players that we'd like to have back if they come affordable. 

The playoffs also told me that I'm not giving RT anything he wants. He was good and definitely a key cog on our run this year... But hes not essential. I think the playoffs showed that. 

I wouldn't mind him back, but I'm not breaking the bank for him... 

QB is still a priority, but I'm a little more open to Brady or another option if RT thinks he's worth more than he is. 

Henry is the top internal player... But I'd put edge at the top of the list of needs this offseason. I'd sacrifice Ryan or Butler for one. 

• Like 2

I honestly feel like there’s a lot of supporting evidence that Brady’s down year had much more to do with the pieces around him than Brady himself. Lost his starting center, OL musical chairs, WR shuffling, no TE (unless you count a 40 year old Ben Watson...lol).

He had a pretty below average completion % but 4000/24/8 is still solid given the factors mentioned above. Give him the one man wrecking crew that is Derrick Henry and the receiving threats of Brown/Davis/Humphries/Jonnu and a rookie RB that can threat in the run and pass game and I guarantee he puts up better numbers.

I forget who posted it, but NextGen and ESPN both rated our o-line as actually above average in pass blocking (keep in mind Lewan missed the first 4 games as well) and we know Brady can get rid of it better than Tannehill (who let’s be honest had a very, very, very concerning fumbling problem) when things are breaking down or aren’t there....I actually think our passing attack could be so much better when the PA isn’t working....and when it is working guys are running wide open...do we really think Brady can’t hit those guys?

Then you look at the business side of it. Who’s selling more tickets, Tannehill or Brady? Who’s jersey’s being sold more, Tannehill or the greatest QB that ever lived? Who’s more marketable, Tannehill or Brady? Want Nissan Stadium to be as full and as loud as the Adelphia Coliseum days? Which signal caller brings us closer to that? The answer to all of it is Brady.

• Like 1