2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I would throw up if we brought in Carr. He’s soft and sensitive as hell

Don’t say this in the Raider forum. 50% still really like Carr and think he’s a Top 8-10 QB with a great cast *barf*. Carr is a beta male. Not many beta male QBs. Carr, Brissett, and maybe Goff and Mariota. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t say this in the Raider forum. 50% still really like Carr and think he’s a Top 8-10 QB with a great cast *barf*. Carr is a beta male. Not many beta male QBs. Carr, Brissett, and maybe Goff and Mariota. 

I’ve read most of it 😂 and watching him play....I just don’t see it and definitely don’t see the intangibles either

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I would throw up if we brought in Carr. He’s soft and sensitive as hell

I like Carr, but again it was mentioned as an option if things got complicated with Tanny and if Brady went to Raiders. 
Dominoes.  lol One more doesn't happen then all doesn't. Just talk...that's all. Nobody is openly rooting to sign Carr over Tannehill.

But main point with your statement is they aren't far apart when it comes to the metrics. 

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Conklin gonna get close to $100 Milly

Can't resign him for that...

If his contract is 6 to 7 years or longer, yeah he might get there in total value.

But he's gonna be a 14-15m a year guy more than likely.

What they should do is transition tag him and let the market set his value. If he's getting in that 14-15 range, you bring him back. If they're giving him Lane Johnson money(or more), you let him walk.

Giving him the 3rd highest paid RT contract right now is fine cause in a couple years he'll be back down around where he belongs anyway(in the 5-10 range).

Let Conklin go, resign Kelly, and draft the best OL prospect per value sometime on Day 2.  People will probably pay Conklin LT money, and the Titans just can't afford that.  Sucks, but we knew at least one of the big names would be gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

It's driving me insane that the people saying we can't afford to pay Conklin 15m APY are the same people who think giving Henry 15m APY is a no-brainer.

I don’t know about others, but I think both of those are bad ideas.

It's driving me insane that the people saying we can't afford to pay Conklin 15m APY are the same people who think giving Henry 15m APY is a no-brainer.

I think those 2 are our priority resigns.  Tanny is immediately after them... and we can tag him or we can take a risk that the market deflates his value a bit... keeping an eye on the fallback options, seeing how the dominoes fall.  

Again, I like him and think he's our best option, but I think the QB market is as deep as its been in a long time.  No top tier options, but plenty of serviceable guys for the near term (2-3 years).

• Like 1

I never said 15 for Henry is a no brainier. And I don't anyone is saying pay him anything. 

I am saying pay him though. Unlike some others feeling like you can't pay him under any circumstance. 

And only reason I'm hesitant about giving Conklin almost $90 million is because of all the money there. (Lewan, Jones, Stafford). 

We can afford whatever we want. But as you constantly have said is it smart to put a certain amount of money in certain spots. 

Pay him $400 million for all I care. But I'm saying I don't think we will make him the highest paid RT which I feel he will want. 

• Like 1