2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we let Tannehill, who just had the best season of any QB in Titans history (could argue McNair’s MVP season obviously) walk in order to sign a washed QB in his mid-40s, we deserve everything that happens to us. 

This idea that we have this system that we can plug anyone into is hilarious. Our route concepts are still bad and routinely require difficult throws into tight windows and we’re talking about a noodle-armed, ultra conservative, ancient QB. Or Dalton, a noodle-armed, past his prime QB. Or Rivers, a noodle-armed, washed QB.

I guess I’m just lost. We finally get very good QB play and a productive offense and everyone is just cool with the idea that we restart our search for a QB or add someone that we’ve actively disliked for two decades that is obviously regressing hard. It’s fascinating to me.

Same as letting Henry walk. He had one the best stretches in NFL history and one of the most productive seasons in Titans history, but no we can get a 5th round RB to do the same. 

We finally have an offense that can be dangerous and want to get rid of one of the key pieces because of someone else's money. 

I just don't hold Tanny in the same regard as thinking that he is the only one that can give us production. I guess some of you do the same with Henry. 

But I'd rather keep it all together. If that even matters in this discussion. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Same as letting Henry walk. He had one the best stretches in NFL history and one of the most productive seasons in Titans history, but no we can get a 5th round RB to do the same. 

We finally have an offense that can be dangerous and want to get rid of one of the key pieces because of someone else's money. 

I just don't hold Tanny in the same regard as thinking that he is the only one that can give us production. I guess some of you do the same with Henry. 

But I'd rather keep it all together. If that even matters in this discussion. 

I see no reason not to retain the big three offensive FAs.

But, for the sake of argument, there’s a huge amount of evidence that it is far easier to find consistent production at RB than at QB. Hell, all you have to do is look at our history. From Eddie to Chris Brown to Travis Henry to Lendale to CJ to Demarco to Derrick. Versus Steve to VY to Collins to Hassebeck to Locker to Marcus to Tannehill. And we invested three top 10 picks in that stretch at QB compared to what? A late first in CJ, a couple seconds and then lower level trades and mid to late round picks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We are also saying that Tanny will without a doubt be able to sustain what he has done? 

How many QBs produce going into their mid 30s at a prime level? 

Just asking questions to consider. Not trying to deter. Just asking

We’re comparing resigning a QB coming off of the best season of his career that continued to show above average athleticism to signing a 43 year old QB that showed notable decline. I just don’t know if the age argument is reasonable if we’re talking about alternatives like Brady, Rivers and Dalton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I see no reason not to retain the big three offensive FAs.

But, for the sake of argument, there’s a huge amount of evidence that it is far easier to find consistent production at RB than at QB. Hell, all you have to do is look at our history. From Eddie to Chris Brown to Travis Henry to Lendale to CJ to Demarco to Derrick. Versus Steve to VY to Collins to Hassebeck to Locker to Marcus to Tannehill. And we invested three top 10 picks in that stretch at QB compared to what? A late first in CJ, a couple seconds and then lower level trades and mid to late round picks.

And this is why I hate when people compare Tannehill's and Henry's situation, but for some reason it seems to be the RBs production that people think we can't replace, not the QBs.

This, coming from fans of a team that has barely managed to reach below average QB play since 2003, let alone anything like we saw last year.

Edited by TitanSS

Keep in mind you are talking about a GM that fired a coach that took the team to the playoffs and won a game for a DC that had one of the worst defenses in the league that year. 

He is willing to take a risk if he feels it will make the team better. So if a move is considered a risk like signing a RB. Or changing QB I won't be shocked or claim it to be the wrong move just because of what the league or fans think it's what you supposed to do