2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Gurley, David Johnson, Freeman, CJ. Off the top of my head. What are the deals for RBs that led to sustained success on a second deal?

Gurley: Developed arthritis in the same knee he tore his ACL. Freak occurrence, plus Henry has never had a serious injury in his life. Won't give this one to you.

Johnson: Missed 15 games the year before his deal. Also won't give this one to you.

Freeman: Agreed.

CJ: Agreed.

The other RB's that received second large deals in today's NFL:

Zeke: Too early to tell? Sure I guess, looking good so far though but time will eventually tell.

Bell: Clear and obvious red flags.

McKinnon: Messed up his knee (which had nothing to do with being a RB) before he had a chance to prove he was worth the deal.

The only high paid RB's in today's NFL to not have clear and obvious red flags or a freak incident happen to them that could have happened to anybody is Freeman. That's not enough data for me.

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I didn’t say nothing bout firing JRob I did say at 1 point we should fire vrabel because vrabel was killing me coaching like a idiot 

What I’m saying is, the only way bringing up past garbage backs is a valid argument is if you feel like we’ve also gone back to a Ruston Webster caliber GM who is so incompetent that he can’t evaluate talent in any way.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Frank Gore

Frank Gore has been productive with his deals.
Steven Jackson signed a deal in 2008 and went on to rush for 4 straight 1000 yard season. After 4 years in the league already with 3 1000 yard seasons
Jamal Charles signed a deal in 2010 got hurt  but then went on to rush for 3 straight 1000 yard seasons
Lesean McCoy signed a 5-$40 million contract  and rushed for 4 seasons of over 1000 yards between Philly and Buffalo. 
Peterson played 10 seasons with the Vikings earning over $90 million with 7 seasons of 1,000 plus yards.

It is possible to be a productive RB after signing a deal. 
You just need to know your paying the right person.

Add Marshawn Lynch to the list. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And just out of curiousity, how are the teams doing? Just looking at it, the best season Charles had afterward was part of a 2-14 season. The best season Jackson had post contract, the Rams went 1-15.

What are you trying to prove, wins or production?

All I've heard since we started is that we can get anyone to produce behind this line...we can get any decent back and get the production needed for half the price. 

Production production production. Produce enough to earn the contract. 

What better way to show worth of a deal besides produce? 

Sounds like your real argument is that you think RB production is meaningless. 

RB produces on a great level when judging RBs but is meaningless because of the team wins?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

What are you trying to prove, wins or production?

All I've heard since we started is that we can get anyone to produce behind this line...we can get any decent back and get the production needed for half the price. 

Production production production. Produce enough to earn the contract. 

What better way to show worth of a deal besides produce? 

Sounds like your real argument is that you think RB production is meaningless. 

RB produces on a great level when judging RBs but is meaningless because of the team wins?

That went well, 1st they say paying a RB big money production falls off, Bam shows proof counter argument 🗣 the team weren’t winning 😩🤣🤣. Okay let’s not pay Henry like I said go back to 3 head committee Andrews, Sankey, McCluster & pay our QB big money. Ask the raider fans how they feel paying Carr, ask the lion fans how they feel paying Stafford, ask the bengals what have they gotten out of paying Dalton.. ooh then you got over priced WR’s that aren’t contributing to winning.

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

🗣he wasn’t given the ball he’s not a RB by committee I’m sorry that he needs carries to be effective & to be in the game to get in rhythm but every since the titans have realized that that he’s been - of the best backs in the league & that’s facts you can ignore it all day. Rushed for 800 yards in 1 month. And ain’t too many backs can do what he do, but you can try to draft 2 RB’s to get that type of production when you can be using that same draft capital to improve our secondary & pass rush. Again you keep talking bout he’s nothing special blame the titans we suck at not getting the best out of players, from Mariota, Deion Lewis, Jonnu Smith, Adam Humphries, Corey Davis ain’t no reason AJ Brown should see only 5 targets a game 🗣we play old school smash mouth football 

Everyone knows Henry's volume was low the first couple years. He never put up anything on the field in that timeframe to suggest that he should be given a large volume of carries and anyone who said he did is lying. That's why his volume was so low in the first place.

Needing 30 carries to get going isn't a thing. It's an old saying along the lines of "establishing the run" that has been proven wrong through data analysis.

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Adrian Peterson didn’t come in behind an all pro RB coming in, the Vikings signed chest Taylor that offseason a backup from Baltimore & he was going to start but Peterson fell in the draft & the Vikings said he was too good to pass up. Comparing Adrian Peterson coming into league starting to Derrick is like how lebron fans compare Lebron 1st 2 seasons to Kobe. Kobe came in playing behind an Allstar in Eddie Jones like how Henry came behind an all pro. As for his second year you talking about a damn fool of a coach that was so stubborn he played Harry Douglas as if he was any good, he dialed up bubble screens to our slowest WR on the team Eric Decker. Mane stop it give Henry the ball it’s been over every since the titans made that commitment. 

What did Demarco Murray do with the Eagles the season before he came to Tennessee that had him firmly planted as the starter lol? What did he do in year 2 in Tennessee that was anywhere remotely near good enough to keep a good RB from surpassing him. We gave up a 2nd for Henry and only swapped 4ths to get Murray. Not like the investment is what made Murray the starter and he wasn't the incumbent.

You been down this road 100 times man. It's just not correct. He wasn't special and hidden early. The majority of his success is recent and not because of anyone but him, except our OL and QB play.

Stop trying to act like he would have been doing this all along if he had been given more carries. It discredits your other arguments. He wasn't even doing this the majority of 2018 when he had all the opportunity with the same coach he has now 

Edited by TitanSS

Murray was better than Henry in 2016, but Henry was better in 2017 even if it wasn’t by much. The reason he couldn’t beat Murray out in 2017 was the same reason he wouldn’t have beat him out in 2016 even if he was a better runner - pass protection. He didn’t know how to read a defense, which led to blown assignments, which led to Mariota getting hit, and if you remember, it was Robinson’s main point of emphasis to protect him. On top of it, he wasn’t even that good of a pass blocker anyways when he actually would pick up the rusher after reading the defense correctly (he’s improved here immensely btw). Murray had all of Mularkey’s trust so of course he was going to get the nod.

With that being said, I thought Henry did pretty well with the opportunities he received in 2016 (4.45 ypc and 5 TD’s). I also thought he did well the first 12 games of 2017 (5.0 ypc and 4 TD’s) until he hit a wall to close out the final quarter of the season. But like I said, none of that mattered because Mularkey couldnt trust him (I honestly don’t blame him at all) like he could Murray and therefore was never going to beat him out.

In 2018 he was a disaster until Eddie got in his ear, there’s no denying that. After he regained Vrabel and co’s trust back though the rest has been history. But focusing on 2016 and 2017, there’s definitely a little bit of truth to him being hidden (at the fault of Henry) and he definitely showed glimpses of being special (Indy, Hou, Jax, KC in the 2017 season). But he definitely wasn’t the special player back then like he is now or he would have displayed it more than what he did.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

What did Demarco Murray do with the Eagles the season before he came to Tennessee that had him firmly planted as the starter lol? What did he do in year 2 in Tennessee that was anywhere remotely near good enough to keep a good RB from surpassing him. We gave up a 2nd for Henry and only swapped 4ths to get Murray. Not like the investment is what made Murray the starter and he wasn't the incumbent.

You been down this road 100 times man. It's just not correct. He wasn't special and hidden early. The majority of his success is recent and not because of anyone but him, except our OL and QB play.

Stop trying to act like he would have been doing this all along if he had been given more carries. It discredits your other arguments. He wasn't even doing this the majority of 2018 when he had all the opportunity with the same coach he has now 

Dude everyone who watches football clearly knows the only reason Demarco Murray didn’t fit in Phili is because of Chip kelly & his system, didn’t fit Demarco duh. 🙄 Demarco is a down hill, 1 cut RB, not a spread shotgun RB. Again he didn’t play because his 2nd year, Murray was coming off a solid yr, lead the AFC in rushing & because mularkey is retarded,not knowing when to dial back Demarco work load. This the same guy who kept putting garbage a$$ Harry Douglas on the field, the same guy that ran bubble screens with Eric Decker, but wait what Henry do in the playoffs against KC 🤔... over a 150 yards rushing. You keep discrediting the guy all you want like he’s nothing special wake up & smell the coffee it was never Henry it was our coaching staff. The same coaching staff that wasted 10 mill on Deon Lewis Tell me has the titans used Lewis how NE used him 🗣No. tell me have the Titans used humphries how TB used him 🗣No. when you gone realize it ain’t our players it’s our coaches. The players can only do what they can control, & as I keep saying that you can’t argue with, but you keep trying, when you give Henry the damn ball he’s top 5 in the league. HOF’s has spoke highly of this dude. You keep saying he’s nothing special okay I guess 6’4 255 lb RB’s with speed grow on trees. You keep talking about he’s a product of his OL then why is he #1 in yards after the contact. This man has a 99 yard 60 yard big play long run TD’s but he’s not special 😩👌🏽 I heard enough. Hey everyone I’m done I promise I got none else to say. 

Edited by TitanRedd