2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

51 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Thing is of we're not bringing Ryan back because of the contract, we're not bringing anyone in on a similar or more expensive contract. We'll be looking at bargains. 

And what we want from a player doesnt matter... It's what the staff is looking for to fit their scheme. I'm not sure any of us know what to exactly expect this coming year... But if it's similar to what Pees called, we won't be seeing much bump and run... More bend don't break zone crap. 

That’s a possibility but I’m banking they get some sense & adjust the scheme. We can get up to 80 mill in cap space with releases I’m banking on RT, & Henry coming back I think conklin & Ryan walk 

Was listening to Floyd Reese talk about the pros and cons of not signing a RB or a player at any position.

He used Henry as an example.
Say you invest a draft pick in a RB (top 3 rounds) that can produce like Henry in a way, but doesn't bring the durability or leadership. 
He talked about Eddie George. Yeah they replaced him with Chris Brown that first year in an effective way, however Brown never played a 16 game season.

So say you pay Melvin Gordon $9 Million a year instead of $11-12 Million for Henry. Gordon misses 5 games and you paying for emptiness.
Or
A RT for $7 Million instead of $13 Million for Conklin and it's the same as scenario above.

Not trying to continue the Henry endless debate. Just offering another angle and insight from a former GM.  

15 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Was listening to Floyd Reese talk about the pros and cons of not signing a RB or a player at any position.

He used Henry as an example.
Say you invest a draft pick in a RB (top 3 rounds) that can produce like Henry in a way, but doesn't bring the durability or leadership. 
He talked about Eddie George. Yeah they replaced him with Chris Brown that first year in an effective way, however Brown never played a 16 game season.

So say you pay Melvin Gordon $9 Million a year instead of $11-12 Million for Henry. Gordon misses 5 games and you paying for emptiness.
Or
A RT for $7 Million instead of $13 Million for Conklin and it's the same as scenario above.

Not trying to continue the Henry endless debate. Just offering another angle and insight from a former GM.  

Good stuff King

I think he should be resigned

I have faith that Robinson will get a good deal done

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wasn't sure where else to throw this, but I was blown away to see Norm Chow calling plays in the XFL.

He wasn’t a bad play caller his system just didn’t fit Vince the only season he was here, I blame fisher. Look at the offenses norm coached at USC & the production he got out all that talent that all turned out to be NFL busts 😩🤣. mike williams, Bush, lendale, Matt, Jarrett & they had a TE who name I can’t remember but boyyyy 

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Anybody else think we should go after Stefon Diggs? We were a game away from the superbowl, I feel like we should push the chips in with everything. 

No, stefon Diggs won’t help us much. Reason I say this is because look at our entire skills position & tell me are we maximizing their talent to its potential. Jonnu hardly gets the ball & we can all agree he’s a mismatch & a weapon. Humphries, well I know he battled a injury but before he got hurt we didn’t quite use him how TB used him, 36 million dollar slot WR... didn’t have a productive year. We basically wasted 10 mill on Dion Lewis. The titans don’t have a clue how to use him effectively how NE used him him, far as creating mismatches, getting him in space, catching the ball out of the backfield, all TN does is run screens wit him. Okay AJ Brown the answer to our prayers a stud WR; guy had a 1000 yards avg 20 yards a catch & only saw 5 targets a game 🤷🏽‍♂️. & don’t get me started on Corey though he’s inconsistent there are times he’s flat out open & Tannehill just doesn’t look his way.. So in conclusion how is Diggs going to help us, when he’s going to want the ball, & we struggle taken advantage of our rosters skillset already, far as getting players involved, scheming guys open, playing to their strengths. We need corners & edge rushers & a OC with a creative mind in the passing game 

Edited by TitanRedd

Yeah, I agree on Diggs. We really don't know if he's any better than Davis... Both may look different in different systems/situations. 

We need a deep threat at wr... But not a 1...not a 2, heck not even a 3. I'd take a young guy with speed and potential this year who could help fill the void if /when Davis leaves next year. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No, stefon Diggs won’t help us much. Reason I say this is because look at our entire skills position & tell me are we maximizing their talent to its potential. Jonnu hardly gets the ball & we can all agree he’s a mismatch & a weapon. Humphries, well I know he battled a injury but before he got hurt we didn’t quite use him how TB used him, 36 million dollar slot WR... didn’t have a productive year. We basically wasted 10 mill on Dion Lewis. The titans don’t have a clue how to use him effectively how NE used him him, far as creating mismatches, getting him in space, catching the ball out of the backfield, all TN does is run screens wit him. Okay AJ Brown the answer to our prayers a stud WR; guy had a 1000 yards avg 20 yards a catch & only saw 5 targets a game 🤷🏽‍♂️. & don’t get me started on Corey though he’s inconsistent there are times he’s flat out open & Tannehill just doesn’t look his way.. So in conclusion how is Diggs going to help us, when he’s going to want the ball, & we struggle taken advantage of our rosters skillset already, far as getting players involved, scheming guys open, playing to their strengths. We need corners & edge rushers & a OC with a creative mind in the passing game 

I agree..pass on Diggs.

In regards to Humphries though, he was leading our team in receptions going in to that week 11 game against Indy. I think he was utilized him well before he went down. Over half of his receptions were first down conversions which is right in line with what he did in Tampa

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I agree..pass on Diggs.

In regards to Humphries though, he was leading our team in receptions going in to that week 11 game against Indy. I think he was utilized him well before he went down. Over half of his receptions were first down conversions which is right in line with what he did in Tampa

He led our team in receptions but he still wasn’t utilized how TB used him, nearly wasn’t a threat or seeing a lot of targets, now granted TB, Jameis isn’t afraid to air out.. by us being a run 1st team none of our skillset players aren’t being used correctly but I’m fine with it, as long as we’re winning cause at the end of the day football is won between the trenches & defense..