2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

I imagine it was for the vet minimum.Ā  Why not?Ā  We need a good idea of what we have at the receiver position outside of Brown and Davis anyway.Ā  I feel like there's a 99% chance Davis is elsewhere in 2021, so either someone steps up or we will be looking for a No. 2 receiver, yet again (except this time we'll actually have a No. 1).

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ā 

The vibe I got....is the Titans want (wanted?) Tannehill BUT....here is the question.... Is Tannehill trying to break the bank with the money?

I know "The Guy" first said there is interest in Brady and Brady is interested in the Titans.Ā  But then secondly,Ā he said Tannehill will be back in TN.Ā  Then we know he changed agents.Ā 
Tannehill doesn't want some 2 year deal that fits the team. He wants franchise, starter QB money and feels he deserves it.

In there somewhere is that Brady is interested in coming here. The Titans have googly eyes for him somewhat, but are trying to keep the horse that took them to the AFC Championship.

An good example was mentioned when talking bout he Chiefs.
They were in the AFC championship game and could have said let's stick with what we had and not change anything.Ā  But they went out and got Honey Badger, traded Dee Ford, then went and got Frank Clark.Ā  Changed up DC's and some other FA additions.Ā 

Are we going to be ok with just bringing everyone back or are we going to change it up too?

Ā 

Ā 

Thoughts on this Brady mock offseason?

FAs signed - Brady, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry, Top Tier Pass-Rusher(Clowney, Fowler, etc.)

Draft

1st - Austin Jackson, OT, USC

2nd - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

3rd - Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

5th - Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami

And then fill out the draft with depth at receiver and get a kicker.

We get our pass-rusher, weapons to with Brady. I realize Henry has had injury issues which is why I think heā€™d be much cheaper. Brady operates an offense with multiple TEs. Smith, Henry, and Firkser becomes one of the top groups in the league. Gordon is exactly the type of RB that fits with Brady and to me would come cheaper than Henry. I donā€™t see the fit at all with Henry next to Brady which is why I chose to go slightly cheaper and a much better fit in Gordon. Ā If the Titans do sign Brady, we need a QB of the future and need one pretty high in the draft. Not sure heā€™d fall that far but Eason has really nice traits. Austin Jackson is an athletic tackle and has the background this team would fall in love with. Competes with Kelly at RT. Pride adds a ton of speed to our secondary and Hill is a very good pass-rusher to land that late although undersized.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The vibe I got....is the Titans want (wanted?) Tannehill BUT....here is the question.... Is Tannehill trying to break the bank with the money?

I know "The Guy" first said there is interest in Brady and Brady is interested in the Titans.Ā  But then secondly,Ā he said Tannehill will be back in TN.Ā  Then we know he changed agents.Ā 
Tannehill doesn't want some 2 year deal that fits the team. He wants franchise, starter QB money and feels he deserves it.

In there somewhere is that Brady is interested in coming here. The Titans have googly eyes for him somewhat, but are trying to keep the horse that took them to the AFC Championship.

An good example was mentioned when talking bout he Chiefs.
They were in the AFC championship game and could have said let's stick with what we had and not change anything.Ā  But they went out and got Honey Badger, traded Dee Ford, then went and got Frank Clark.Ā  Changed up DC's and some other FA additions.Ā 

Are we going to be ok with just bringing everyone back or are we going to change it up too?

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m torn because I like Tannehill, and I would also love to have Brady because I still think heā€™s got at least two years in the tank. The problem for me is, even if Brady comes and does great things, weā€™re going to need a franchise QB once again very soon.Ā 

Ā 

What I do know is, if the news drops that we sign Tom Brady, I am instantly putting in my preorder for a TB-12 Titans Jersey.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Iā€™m torn because I like Tannehill, and I would also love to have Brady because I still think heā€™s got at least two years in the tank. The problem for me is, even if Brady comes and does great things, weā€™re going to need a franchise QB once again very soon.Ā 

Ā 

What I do know is, if the news drops that we sign Tom Brady, I am instantly putting in my preorder for a TB-12 Titans Jersey.Ā 

To me weā€™ll have to draft one this year and within the first two rounds if this team signs Brady.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thoughts on this Brady mock offseason?

FAs signed - Brady, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry, Top Tier Pass-Rusher(Clowney, Fowler, etc.)

Draft

1st - Austin Jackson, OT, USC

2nd - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

3rd - Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

5th - Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami

And then fill out the draft with depth at receiver and get a kicker.

We get our pass-rusher, weapons to with Brady. I realize Henry has had injury issues which is why I think heā€™d be much cheaper. Brady operates an offense with multiple TEs. Smith, Henry, and Firkser becomes one of the top groups in the league. Gordon is exactly the type of RB that fits with Brady and to me would come cheaper than Henry. I donā€™t see the fit at all with Henry next to Brady which is why I chose to go slightly cheaper and a much better fit in Gordon. Ā If the Titans do sign Brady, we need a QB of the future and need one pretty high in the draft. Not sure heā€™d fall that far but Eason has really nice traits. Austin Jackson is an athletic tackle and has the background this team would fall in love with. Competes with Kelly at RT. Pride adds a ton of speed to our secondary and Hill is a very good pass-rusher to land that late although undersized.

Henry fits with Brady Sony Michelle Corey Dillon hell even LeGarrette Blunt played 4 seasons with Brady. Though Sony was the better pass catcher than all he still wasnā€™t used as a 3 down back, because of white just a far better receiver out of the backfield. My point is this, all those RBā€™s are 1 cut down hill RB that run between tackles. Iā€™m not sold on Gordon heā€™s never been healthy but 1 season. Plus the threat of Brady will make life easier for HenryĀ 

Edited by TitanRedd

We have to make a choice on taggingĀ Tannehill before we could sign Brady. Itā€™s really that simple. Even with obvious tampering, the idea that we would simply take him at his word and risk the cheater pulling a McDaniels while letting the best QB weā€™ve had in 15 years walk for nothing is just pure insanity.

31 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Why? The noodle-armed QB in his mid-40s isnā€™t drawing players away from the LOS. God knows heā€™s not capable of burning defenders deep on PA the way Tannehill did time and time again.

Thatā€™s your opinion, heā€™s far from washed up, can carry a team with him arm surrounded with mediocre talent like in the past ummm šŸ—£hell no but tell me what threat he had this season OL a wreck running game trash, WRā€™s couldnā€™t separate & still is better than Tannehill. A QB that avg is a game manager 75% of his throws come off play action an avg 260 yards passing a game. Now ask anyone can Tannehill do what brady did with his supporting cask while playing in a complex system that NE runs šŸ‘ŒšŸ½ I smell a kase KenumĀ after he left Minnesota and went to DenverĀ 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Thatā€™s your opinion, heā€™s far from washed up, can carry a team with him arm surrounded with mediocre talent like in the past ummm šŸ—£hell no but tell me what threat he had this season OL a wreck running game trash, WRā€™s couldnā€™t separate & still is better than Tannehill. A QB that avg is a game manager 75% of his throws come off play action an avg 260 yards passing a game. Now ask anyone can Tannehill do what brady did with his supporting cask while playing in a complex system that NE runs šŸ‘ŒšŸ½ I smell a kase KenumĀ after he left Minnesota and went to DenverĀ 

At this point in his career, Tom is pretty average.