2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The interest in Brady, from my perspective at least, was in case RT overpriced himself. 

But if the rumors of Vegas being interested in Brady to the tune of 2/60M are true, I'm not interested to compete with that. I was going for 2/40, that discount to join JRob and Vrabel and win a SB sans BB. 

If both RT and TB are looking at 30 per, who's next in line? Rivers? Carr (if Brady goes to Vegas)? Winston? Do we go further down the line at guys like Bridgewater or Brissett (if Indy goes with someone like Rivers). 

This is starting to feel gross... 

If both want $30 Million I don't know who to pay. lol
I guess Tannehill?  
You don't go down to Bridgewater or anyone else.  

You just overpay for Brady or Tanny I guess.

Don’t throw shade then tuck your tail when you see smoke, @Mesa_Titan you got in your feeling long ago & put me on block over a disagreement.. I can have disagreements all day with @TitansFan4Life  @titans0021 @TitanSS and guess what we all simply agree to disagree, & continue to have mutual respect while sharing opinions. When you get through; I said what I said my opinion RT is a game manager he’s very efficient & good, I didn’t say he sucks I didn’t say we couldn’t win with him, I said he avg 260 yards a game. I’m  not saying oh he’s trash he can’t play, but as in he threw 260 yards in a passing league, playing in a offense where it doesn’t start with him, now if he avg 260 yards a game & was throwing the ball 35-38 times a game & we were a pass 1st team I’ll be concerned. That being said In the words of Biff Tannen why don’t you make like a tree & get out of here butt head 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1

Iv talked myself into wanting to sign Brady so we go all in for 2 years to try and win Super Bowls

My goal use to be we have to beat the Pats but we’ve done that now 

Now the goal is going through KC so we need a QB who can stand up to Mahomes

Im not blaming Tannehill I’m not bashing him but round 1 went to Mahomes

Yes we beat KC in Nashville but Mahomes was coming off the injury and it literally took 2 special team blunders to beat them in Nashville 

Then from the 2 minute warning until mid way through the 4th Tannehill struggled to pass and keep moving the ball

One throw that he missed doesn’t get talked about at all which was a wide open Firkser running down the seem and he got over thrown

Again I’m not bashing Tannehill, there’s proof in threads in this forum I was on the Tannehill bandwagon even before we traded for him 

I think Tannehill is getting ready to price himself out of Nashville 

If they sign the new agreement for the new CBA before March 18 I believe we loose the ability to use both Tags

I think if that happens one of the Tags gets used on Henry and Tannehill go gets paid by Carolina or who ever 

I think Brady’s coming to Nashville I’ve been all over the things I’ve been hearing up here in NE and relay as much useful info I hear from up here

I just think Brady and Vrabel go all in for 2 years, we have all the offensive weapons Brady needs and we will be able to load up on D now 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

This isn't that hard for me. If Tanny decides to price himself out of here we tag him. We get another year out of him and re-visit the negotiation table next year depending on performance.

It really is this simple. If he won’t take a more team-friendly deal, tag him. If he performs at the same level next year, he’s earned the massive payday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It really is this simple. If he won’t take a more team-friendly deal, tag him. If he performs at the same level next year, he’s earned the massive payday.

Not really because the tag also limits how much money we have to play with to sign other FreeAgents. The total of the tag is his entire cap hit I believe which it’s always better to do a deal & kick some of the money upfront as a signing bonus 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not really because the tag also limits how much money we have to play with to sign other FreeAgents. The total of the tag is his entire cap hit I believe which it’s always better to do a deal & kick some of the money upfront as a signing bonus 

I believe you're right it would all be cap hit. And again you're right it would be better to sign long term for less of a cap hit but in my opinion its still an easy decision. Say we decide to tag Henry at $13mil and let Tanny walk. you're still going to have to sign a QB. say we decide Brady for 2 year $60mil and year one cap hit is $20mil. that's already $33mil cap hit which is $7mil more than the cap hit for tagging Tanny. If you tag Tanny at $26mil we could resign Henry and still end up being under the $33mil cap hit we'd have for Brady and tagging Henry. Then next year we really don't have many free agents to resign and would be in a better position to frontload cap hit for Tanny in a long term deal if he performs. If he doesn't we are able to move on with no cap penalty at all.