2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

27 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not really because the tag also limits how much money we have to play with to sign other FreeAgents. The total of the tag is his entire cap hit I believe which it’s always better to do a deal & kick some of the money upfront as a signing bonus 

Well yeah, it’s better to do a deal, but there’s no guarantee he’ll get a deal, and I don’t think anyone is on board with giving him four or five years.

Thats the thing with all of the options, none of them are getting long deals, so it’ll be a lot tougher to work out a low Year 1 cap hit.

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

I believe you're right it would all be cap hit. And again you're right it would be better to sign long term for less of a cap hit but in my opinion its still an easy decision. Say we decide to tag Henry at $13mil and let Tanny walk. you're still going to have to sign a QB. say we decide Brady for 2 year $60mil and year one cap hit is $20mil. that's already $33mil cap hit which is $7mil more than the cap hit for tagging Tanny. If you tag Tanny at $26mil we could resign Henry and still end up being under the $33mil cap hit we'd have for Brady and tagging Henry. Then next year we really don't have many free agents to resign and would be in a better position to frontload cap hit for Tanny in a long term deal if he performs. If he doesn't we are able to move on with no cap penalty at all.

Not really we can sign a QB at 2yr 60 mill but depends on how you structure the deal is his cap hit. It can be 2yr 60 mill 18 mill 1st yr 42 mill the next yr. or 2 yr 60 mill. 40 mill guaranteed 20 mill at signing bonus because of his signing bonus his cap hit might be 10 mill the 1st year 

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t know. When you factor in the 350 targets for Humphries and 150 for Dion, that only leaves 113 targets for AJ, CD and Jonnu.

Look at teams that air out that are pass driven when they have weapons. 1st of all were not going to ask RT to drop back 35-40 times a game that’s not him, but look who Humphries played with in TB mike Evans, Desean jackson, Godwin & Howard & they all got their share of targets, the same could be said when Atlanta had Julio, Sannu, Ridley & I forgot their TE but he’s pretty solid. What I’m saying is this my guy in a run 1st system it’s not going to be a lot of targets going around especially with a QB who doesn’t scan the entire field. It’s not a problem because we still put points on the board. I’m just stating those facts as in to why we don’t need another burner at WR we don’t need a stefon Diggs how others have mention. We don’t pass the ball enough & take advantage of the players on our roster skillset already so why keep adding capital. We need corners & edge rushers

For real though, Lewis and Succop are definite cuts. I love Delanie for all he’s done but no point in banking on him anymore. Jonnu has improved enough that I’m not even sure Delanie is even better at this point. I wouldn’t mind adding another TE to the room but I think it’s time to move on. As far as Wake, I’d hold onto him until we at least sign someone in FA. I never really understood the signing as I thought he’s pretty much done but he we are. If we were to sign someone like Clowney, why would we need Wake? To me we should be double-dipping on pass-rusher anyway. Free agent and a draft pick. Gilbert will likely be back at least for camp although he wasn’t very good. Correa is a FA and might price himself out. Finch was gone last season and couldn’t stay healthy. Last years 5th round pick Walker missed all of last season but was thought to be a steal that late. I thought he was better in the run game and just a raw pass-rusher. I think he’ll make the team and then you obviously have Landry. That’s 3 guys who to me will be in camp. Like I said, I’d double dip in FA and the draft.

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Conklin about to be the highest paid RT in the league. We sure we’re okay paying him that with his level of pass blocking?

Yeah Conklin is gone if Browns and Jets are going to get in bidding war for him.

Someone is going to pay him almost $100 million to be a RT. Almost $17 million per year. 

He is good but not elite at his position.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Who do you think are the definite cuts?

Lewis  Succop

Guy I’m not sure about 

Wake

One I think gets cut but I honestly think may restructure to stay 

Delanie Walker

I think Lewis and Succop are gone as soon as we know the new CBA. Greg Joseph is still under contract, think he gets cut also.

I think wake gets cut after we attempt to restructure but I think there is a good chance he comes back before camp

Delanie Walker I think wants to be back and I'd be fine with him returning. I think he gets restructured.

Those are the only bigger name guys. I'm sure there will be a few role players who get cut as well once we get closer to opening day of free agency.