2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

15 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Not really we can sign a QB at 2yr 60 mill but depends on how you structure the deal is his cap hit. It can be 2yr 60 mill 18 mill 1st yr 42 mill the next yr. or 2 yr 60 mill. 40 mill guaranteed 20 mill at signing bonus because of his signing bonus his cap hit might be 10 mill the 1st year 

Yeah, short contracts don't help the cap... More realistically, he gets 10M SB and 20M and 30M in salaries and other bonuses to be paid out each year, with at least 35M guaranteed. That would put our caps at 25 and 35 each year. 

Signing Tanny to a long term contract (or any qb) is the only way to save a little bit of money on the cap. You still get an out after 2 years, and while you still pay 50-60 in those 2 years, it helps far you can use a 3rd cap year to split all the costs (dead cap hit in year 3).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, short contracts don't help the cap... More realistically, he gets 10M SB and 20M and 30M in salaries and other bonuses to be paid out each year, with at least 35M guaranteed. That would put our caps at 25 and 35 each year. 

Signing Tanny to a long term contract (or any qb) is the only way to save a little bit of money on the cap. You still get an out after 2 years, and while you still pay 50-60 in those 2 years, it helps far you can use a 3rd cap year to split all the costs (dead cap hit in year 3).

Oh okay gotcha 👌🏽 Makes sense the longer the contract the more you can spread it out & dish out the bonuses, thank you 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Letting Logan walk seems as obvious as ever to me

And the FA class is pretty damn deep too.  A lot of options.. we'll be able to find a good a value somewhere in FA in addition to good value in the mid rounds if we don't take one in the 1st.

For FA, if not Ryan, who may be cheaper than I originally thought... I'd be interested in Fuller to fill his NB role.  

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And the FA class is pretty damn deep too.  A lot of options.. we'll be able to find a good a value somewhere in FA in addition to good value in the mid rounds if we don't take one in the 1st.

For FA, if not Ryan, who may be cheaper than I originally thought... I'd be interested in Fuller to fill his NB role.  

Amani hooker, draft a corner To compete with butler & hooker & spend money on pass rushers. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Amani hooker, draft a corner To compete with butler & hooker & spend money on pass rushers. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think it would be wise to draft Butler's replacement this year and then cut him next year when we have an out. I like Hooker to replace Ryan in the slot as well given his success there in college.

2020: Jackson+Butler+Hooker+Rookie

2021: Jackson+Rookie+Hooker+Bargain FA Addition

It will turn in to one of our cheaper position groups if we go about it this way, where as in the past couple years Ryan and Butler were both getting paid pretty decent chunks. In this scenario we'll eventually only really be paying Jackson when we sign him to a new deal.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, KingTitan said:

I'd tag Henry before Tanny. The number is a lot better for a RB. I do that if we talking about still trying to keep Conklin and add a pass rusher in FA. 

The number is better because of what your team is without a QB. If Tannehill doesn't return, and we don't have an immediate and quality QB waiting in his place, you might as well trade some of our other good young players because we're in rebuilding mode without a QB.

Without a QB it doesn't really matter who else we retain or add. We're not winning much.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The number is better because of what your team is without a QB. If Tannehill doesn't return, and we don't have an immediate and quality QB waiting in his place, you might as well trade some of our other good young players because we're in rebuilding mode without a QB.

Without a QB it doesn't really matter who else we retain or add. We're not winning much.

Well, the statement was made with the assumption they had a plan with the QB position.

Either they really believe and trust they have a deal with Tannehill in place or a quality replacement. 
Just was saying who I rather tag of the 3.  Tagging Henry doesn't tie us in long term and it avoids many's fear of a severe drop off after paying him.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Well, the statement was made with the assumption they had a plan with the QB position.

Either they really believe and trust they have a deal with Tannehill in place or a quality replacement. 
Just was saying who I rather tag of the 3.  Tagging Henry doesn't tie us in long term and it avoids many's fear of a severe drop off after paying him.

My bad. I missed the part where the QB was already locked up.

As one of the people against paying Henry, it's not necessarily that I'm afraid he'll drop off. It's that I believe the surrounding environment is a bigger contributor to a successful run game than the individual holding the football. Not trying to debate whether or not that's true, we've been there, just stating that is why I have reservations. I don't believe who he is as a player will have a severe drop off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I think it would be wise to draft Butler's replacement this year and then cut him next year when we have an out. I like Hooker to replace Ryan in the slot as well given his success there in college.

2020: Jackson+Butler+Hooker+Rookie

2021: Jackson+Rookie+Hooker+Bargain FA Addition

It will turn in to one of our cheaper position groups if we go about it this way, where as in the past couple years Ryan and Butler were both getting paid pretty decent chunks. In this scenario we'll eventually only really be paying Jackson when we sign him to a new deal.

100% agree. I think we should look at CB early to have the option of removing Butler after next year.

• Like 1

My ideal offseason would be:

1) Re-sign Henry.

2) Tag Tannehill if a long term deal can't be reached.

3) Sign an EDGE in FA.

4) Re-sign Conklin if we have the space and the deal isn't crippling for us moving forward (I don't think this happens since I don't think we'll have enough space after signing Tanny, Henry, and a difference maker EDGE, and he's going to get paid way more on the open market so I don't see any way his contract won't be huge), if not re-sign Kelly.

5) Draft BPA in round 1.

6) Draft Butler and Kelly's (unless a deal with Conklin is reached) successor's in the mid rounds.

Probably one of my favorite movies so far... Runs 1 and 2 at least. Probably would have liked at cb in round 3.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102631/article/threeround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-trades-shake-up-round-1?campaign=Twitter_atn

1st - Josh Jones, OT, Houston 

2nd - Julian Okwara, Edge, Notre Dame

3rd - Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis